Global Ports Forum presents – 2nd Executive Workshop on Strategic Planning for Ports & Terminals, 3-4 April 2017
SIGN UP TODAY!
2nd Workshop on Strategic Planning for Ports & Terminals, 3-4 April 2017, Singapore
Key Learning Outcomes
1. Review of strategic developments in:
· Shipping trends
· Issues facing port infrastructure development
· Port organization, ownership and institutional structuring
· Marketing of port services
· Port performance and its impact
· Port risks and mitigation
2. Understand the Port Strategic Planning process
3. Understand the Tools used for Strategic Plan Analysis and Strategies Development
4. Learn how to develop and implement a successful strategic plan
5. Apply what has been learnt through case studies and exercises
About the Course
This 2-day course is aimed to provide a deep understanding of the subject matter.
The course will commence with a strategic analysis of various developments in the port and logistics arena. Aspects covered would include infrastructure review, developing shipping trends, ports design, marketing, pricing, operations management and financial performance of ports. Having reviewed these developments, it will delve into the processes of strategic planning. Participants will learn to develop vision, mission and value statements, understand goals and objectives, learn the tools and strategies that can be used for strategic planning, formulate strategies and learn how to develop and successfully roll out a strategic plan.
The course would engage participants to the fullest. It will test the knowledge application of the skills imparted to the participants through developing a strategic plan for a port.
Review of Strategic Developments:
Evolution of supply chain
Port infrastructure developments
Port risks management
Marketing of Port Services:
Port tariff structure
Port Operations and Management Performance:
Port operations key performance indicators
Port Financial Key performance indicators
Port HSSE Key performance indicators
Capacity Management and Planning
Strategic Planning Processes:
Defining Vision, Mission and Values
Setting Strategic Goals and Objectives
Understand Tools used for SWOT Analysis
Learn possible strategies to be used
Learn how to develop and implement a successful strategic plan
(Throughout the sessions, participants will participate in exercises and analyse and provide solutions to case studies presented.)
Endorsement for the executive workshop from past participants:
“Very good course, academic but at the same time practical.”
Shahariah Tahir, GM Strategic Planning, Port of Tanjung Pelapas Malaysia
“I enjoyed the case studies that Mr. Law shared widely.”
Mohd Shahrin Osman, Head of Practice, Shipping Advisory, DNV GL
Who should attend:
Port / Terminal developers, Port operators;
Port Service providers;
Port Designers / Planners;
About the Course Director
Law Peng Keat, PPA is the founding Director of Asia Ports & Terminals Consultants Pte. Ltd. (AP&TC), which provides consultancy services for the port and liquid bulk terminal industries. Prior to establishing the consulting firm, he has had over 30 years of hands-on experience in the management of ports and liquid bulk terminals.
He graduated with the Bachelor of Economics (Honours) degree and obtained post-graduate qualifications in General Management and Marketing Management. He received training in Port & Harbour Management from the Ministry of Transport, Japan. In addition, he is full Member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport and the Singapore Institute of Directors.
His entire career centered mainly on ports and terminals. In his early career, he worked for Jurong Town Corporation (JTC) for 16 years managing an offshore supply base and the industrial port, Jurong Port, which was then a gateway of the Port of Singapore Authority (PSA). Whilst serving at Jurong Port, he was conferred the Public Administration Medal (Bronze) by the then President of the Republic of Singapore, Mr. Wee Kim Wee.
Subsequently, he worked for 10 years at GATX Terminals Pte. Ltd., a joint venture between GATX Terminals Corporation (GTC), USA, PSA and JTC, as its Senior Vice President. Concurrently, he served as an alternate Director for 15 years representing JTC and then GTC. GATX Terminals Pte. Ltd. was then one of the largest petrochemical terminals in South East Asia with two joint venture terminals in Malaysia and China.
Prior to establishing AP&TC, he rejoined Jurong Port Pte. Ltd. as its Senior Consultant. In that role he was involved in managing the shift of Pasir Panjang Terminal’s conventional operations to Jurong Port, securing the Offshore Marine Centre O&M tender, logistics shipping contract for coal and biomass and the proposed development of a new liquid bulk terminal.
In addition to his consulting work, Peng Keat also serves as a guest lecturer appointed by the Nanyang Technological University, School of Maritime Studies, for the Maritime Port Leaders’ Programme hosted by the Maritime Port Authority, Singapore.
On or Before 3 March 2017: The ‘Early Bird’ Rate is S$2895 – Save S$400!
Special Offer! – 3 Delegates For The Price of 2 in This Category! Save S$2895!
• From 4 March 2017: The Regular Rate is S$3295
Special Offer! – 3 Delegates For The Price of 2 in This Category! Save S$3295!
Note: All fees stated include luncheons, refreshments and complete set of documentation. It does not include the cost of accommodation and travel.
REGISTER NOW !
To register, please submit the following details to email@example.com:
What Best Describes Your Industry Sector?:
For cheque payments: To be made payable to 'Global Ports Forum Pte. Ltd.' Please do not send post-dated cheque.
For telegraphic transfers:
Account Name: Global Ports Forum Pte. Ltd.,
Account No. : 695 477 141 001.
Beneficiary Bank: Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited, Singapore. (Swift: OCBCSGSG),
Address : 65 Chulia Street #01-00, OCBC Centre, Singapore 049513.
Please supply confirmation via email of the TT from your bank. Transmitting bank charges must be paid by sender. Please quote both delegate and company name as reference.
Kindly note that as we are providing a special rate for ‘early bird’ sign up, we will need to receive your company payment by 3 Mar 17 to enjoy the discount.
Details of GPF executive workshops/forums in the upcoming few months include:
1. Executive Workshop on Excel in Developing, Implementing & Managing Service Level Agreements, 14 & 15 November 2016, Singapore
2. 2nd Executive Workshop on Strategic Planning for Ports & Terminals, 14-15 Nov 16, Singapore. MCF Training Grant is available for eligible participants. Please refer to www.mpa.gov.sg/mcf for information”.
3. Executive Workshop on Reefer Container Logistics, 21-22 Nov 2016, Singapore
4. 2nd Executive Workshop on Advanced Shipping Business, 24-25 Nov 2016, Singapore
5. 3rd Executive Workshop on Ports Financing and Investing, 2-3 Dec 2016, Singapore. MCF Training Grant is available for eligible participants. Please refer to www.mpa.gov.sg/mcf for information”.
6. 2ndExecutive Workshop on Bulk Liquid Terminals, Commercial Considerations for Investment & Financing, 5-6 Dec 2016, Singapore
7. 2nd Executive Workshop on Multi-Purpose Terminal Business & Operations, 15-16 Dec 2016, Singapore. MCF Training Grant is available for eligible participants. Please refer to www.mpa.gov.sg/mcf for information”.
8. Executive Workshop on Excellence in Managing Tenancies / Leases - Landlord and Tenant Obligations in Business Tenancies, 15-16 Dec 2016, Singapore
9. Executive Workshop on Excellence in Public-Private Partnership Infrastructure Contracts for Non-Legal Professionals - Practical Understanding of Legal and Common Commercial Clauses, 19- 20 Dec 16, Singapore
10. 2ndExecutive Workshop on Investment Strategies for Green / Brown Field Port Projects, 19-20 Dec 2016, Singapore
11. Executive Workshop on Excellence in Port Operations, 22-23 Dec 2016, Singapore
12. 2nd Executive Workshop on InterModal Solutions – Value Creation, USP identification & Market Positioning for Ports & Terminals, 29-30 Dec 2016, Singapore
13. Executive Workshop on Excellence in Negotiating & Managing Contracts, Jan 4-5 2017, Singapore
14. 3rd Executive Workshop on Investment Strategies for Green / Brown Field Port Projects, 28-29 Jan 2017, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
15. 4th Executive Workshop on Ports Financing and Investing, 28-29 Jan 2017, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
16. 3rd Executive Workshop on Multi-Purpose Terminal Business & Operations, 30-31 Jan 2017, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
17. 2nd Executive Workshop on InterModal Solutions – Value Creation, USP identification & Market Positioning for Ports & Terminals, 30-31 Jan 2017, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
18. Executive Workshop on Use of Automated Guided Vehicles and drones in Ports and Terminals, 30-31 Jan 2017, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
19. The2nd Global Ports Forum, 1-2 February 2017, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
20. 2nd Executive Workshop on Use of Technology for Ports and Terminals, 1-2 Feb 2017
21. The Global Ports Forum Awards, 2 Feb 17, Dubai
22. Executive Workshop on Global Trade, Macroeconomic Policy and the Impact on Regional Trade and Shipping, 20-21 Feb 2017, Singapore
23. Executive Programme on Achieving Excellence in Winning Deals & Effective Sales Management – Proven Techniques & Insights for Ports & Terminals, April 17-21, 2017, Singapore
Look forward to welcoming you at the executive workshops/forums.
The Global Ports Forum
GLOBAL PORTS FORUM PTE. LTD.
10 Anson Road
DID: +65 65197662
Fax: +65 6725 8438
Terms & Conditions:
No delegate registration will be accepted without completing registration details and full payment.
Upon receipt of your registration details and full payment, further programme information will be emailed to you including your proforma invoice and, if required, a letter of invitation for entry visa application.
Delegates will not be admitted unless payment has been received in Full.
Flights, Airport Transfers and Accommodation are not included in your delegate registration fee.
Refund Policy - a reimbursement of the registration fee, minus administrative charges will only be made if the participant has notified Global Ports Forum Pte. Ltd. in writing that he/she is unable to attend the event no less than 30 days prior to the commencement of the event. No cancellation is allowed after that, but a replacement with another participant is allowed.
This programme is subject to change without notice, E&O.E.