2nd Executive Workshop on InterModal Solutions – Value Creation, USP identification & Market Positioning for Ports & Terminals, 20-21 April 2017, Capetown, South Africa
20-21 September 2017 Dubai
27-28 October 2017, Kuala Lumpur
2nd Executive Workshop on InterModal Solutions – Value Creation, USP identification & Market Positioning for Ports & Terminals.
About the Course
This two days training program is targeted to enable decision makers and supporters from Port & Terminals Operations, Marketing and support services like IT, Engineering Services, internal and external logistics services; about identifying USP and positioning for their Port/Terminal in order to prepare a value proposition for their identified customers in Multi Modal Logistics Chain using Port/terminal at the center / core of the Logistics Chain.
Significance / relevance of the course
Traditionally, Ports and Terminals are considered the gateways to each country in terms of providing required point of import and export of goods. With the evolution of modern technology, the role of Ports and Terminals has evolved to that of comprehensive multi modal logistics services and solution provider. With ambitious plans for their ports and terminals; governments all over the world are increasingly encouraging and providing various incentives to investors and operators to build and expand Ports and Maritime infrastructure. While these steps are resulting in creation of desired maritime infrastructure for the nations, it has also led to creation of over capacity of ports and maritime infrastructure. In order to compete effectively and for sustained business viability, Ports and terminals need to identify their own USP and value addition they can offer to their customers.
Efficient Multi Modal International Logistics is increasingly gaining greater significance in the competitive business environment in every aspect of life. In present age of Information Explosion, well informed consumers expect and demand best value for their money. Those with greater efficiency in their logistics chain, are in a better position to provide expected value addition to the consumers. Due to this intrinsic demand, in additional to conventional international trade, there an equally important aspect to manage the efficiency of complete chain for transfer of materials and final goods from the point of origin to the point of usage. For an efficient Logistics chain, Ports and Terminals play a very crucial role. This is a great opportunity for Ports and terminals to expand their roles.
This course will attempt to help in identifying the USP for the Ports & Terminals by redefining the role of the total multi modal logistics services provider and strategies to position the new role among customers.
Learning Objectives of this program are:
- Market Mapping to identify logical hinterland of the port & Terminal for multi modal logistics
- Classification of Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Hinterland of the port and logistics costs
- Identification of Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Customers of the Port Facilities and Services
- Understanding and defining the product for marketing – Infrastructure, services of port.
- Analysing customers’ expectations and requirements to prepare USP of the Port
- Prepare a long term strategy for Business Development and Marketing of multi modal logistics services
- Work out a road map for sustainable long term business by focussed business development strategy to attract large customers for port based industries / distriparks / other multi modal services
- Set up an effective Customer Service department for personalized service to port customers
- Prepare Value Proposition in line with customers’ expectations and requirements from the multi modal logistics service provider – the redefined role of the port / terminal
At the end of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Learn to develop USP for the port & terminal as comprehensive multi modal logistics services and solution provider
- Learn methods of market mapping to measure potential of business
- Understand ways to match customers’ service expectations and Port facilities and services with multi modal logistics chain framework
- Prepare business development and marketing strategy for sustainable multi modal logistics business from identified large players from targeted industries
- Adopt a balanced approach between operations, sales and role of Customer Service to ensure delivery of promised level of services to the customers for delight and long term business from customers
- Learn to prepare Value Proposition for customers using Port / Terminal as centre of multi modal logistics chain.
A combination of Class room Training, Interactive workshops, Individual and group case studies will be used. Participants will be provided with advance study / reading material on each topic covered under deliverables.
Who should attend:
Operations, Marketing, Other allied services like IT, Engineering service, railways personnel from Port Authorities; Port / Terminal developers, Port operators; Banks, PE, Port Service providers; Shipping Companies, Forwarders, Logistics companies, Mult imodal Service providers; Port Equipment Suppliers; Port Designers / Planners; Port Consultants
World Ports scenario and multi modalism: A global perspective of changing role of the ports and terminals providing multi modal logistics services for last mile connectivity.
Hinterland Mapping and customer classification: Class room training followed by a group case study for a real port and identification of logistics connectivity, competition analysis, comparative logistics costs, pricing based on end to end total logistics costs
Develop USP of the Port / Terminal as a Multi Modal Logistics Service Provider and Prepare Value Proposition for the customers, class room training followed by a group case study for a real port in continuation of group case study on hinterland mapping
Business game on financial impact of the redefined role of the port / terminal – multi modal logistics service provider v/s provider of only port / terminal services
We have created a facebook page for Global Ports Forum, where event photos are uploaded.
About the Course Director:
This program will be conducted by Mr. Mukesh Parikh who is associated with Global Maritime Industry for over 35 years. Mr. Mukesh Parikh has a distinction of having hands on Maritime Industry experience with continuous involvement in Training and Development throughout his distinguished career. Mr. Mukesh Parikh has a post graduate degree in Management with specialization in Marketing and Finance. He attended one year training program Professional Shipping at Norwegian Shipping Academy, Oslo.
During his career of 18 years in the Commercial Shipping, he was associated with UNCTAD/UNDP as a Trainer and Course developer. He attended two weeks instructors Workshop (Training for Trainers) organized by UNCTAD / UNDP in collaboration with The Ministry of Transport and Ports in Malaysia at Penang Port Commission. He conducted a number of training Programs in the Middle East, South East Asia and Indian subcontinent including developing a training program on General Shipping Management for Arab Maritime Transport Academy, Sharjah, UAE; covering shipping subjects.
A sound foundation of Shipping Industry and clear understanding of market and customer requirement and expectations from service providers enabled Mr. Mukesh Parikh to build the next phase of his career in Ports and Terminal Industry.
He joined The Adani Group in Senior Management position at the inception stage of Mundra Port in India and made a major contribution to set up Business Development and Marketing Team as well as Establish Standard OperatingProcedures for the entire spectrum of Operations in the Port. He successfully built marketing and operations teams and trained them. His next role was Chief Operating Officer of Sterling Port for setting up integrated Port Facilities at Dahej Port. All stages of Green Field Port development were covered – From site selection to Feasibility, Environment Impact Assessment and Environment clearance for the project, Detailed Project Report, Concession Agreement with Authorities for development of Port infrastructure and facilities on Build, Own, Operate and Transfer model.
Since July 2014, Mr. Mukesh Parikh has taken up advisory and consultancy role for The Maritime Industry. His assignments cover Business volume estimation and hinterland mapping with competition analysis, Revenue forecasts for the life of the project and financial modelling, investment optimization in line with market potential; Commercial and legal aspects of logistics, cargo handling, warehousing contracts; business excellence and standardization of operating procedures; Organization development, structuring and Manpower planning and training.
On or Before 28 Feb 2017: The ‘Early Bird’ Rate is USD2895 – Save USD400!
Special Offer! – 3 Delegates For The Price of 2 in This Category! Save USD2895!
- From 1 March 2017: The Regular Rate is USD3295
Special Offer! – 3 Delegates For The Price of 2 in This Category! Save USD3295!
Note: All fees stated include luncheons, refreshments and complete set of documentation. It does not include the cost of accommodation and travel.
To register, please submit the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
What Best Describes Your Industry Sector?:
For cheque payments: To be made payable to ‘Global Ports Forum Pte. Ltd.’ Please do not send post-dated cheque.
For telegraphic transfers:
Account Name: Global Ports Forum Pte. Ltd.,
Account No. : 695 477 141 001.
Beneficiary Bank: Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited, Singapore. (Swift: OCBCSGSG),
Address : 65 Chulia Street #01-00, OCBC Centre, Singapore 049513.
Please supply confirmation via email of the TT from your bank. Transmitting bank charges must be paid by sender. Please quote both delegate and company name as reference.
Kindly note that as we are providing a special rate for ‘early bird’ sign up, we will need to receive your company payment by 28 Feb 2017 to enjoy the discount.
Details of GPF executive workshops/forums in the upcoming few months include:
1. Executive Workshop on Global Trade, Macroeconomic Policy and the Impact on Regional Trade and Shipping, 20-21 Feb 2017, Singapore
2. 2nd Executive Workshop on InterModal Solutions – Value Creation, USP identification & Market Positioning for Ports & Terminals, 20-21, Feb 2017, Singapore
3. 2nd Executive Workshop on Bulk Liquid Terminals, Commercial Considerations for Investment & Financing, March 6-7 2017, Singapore
4. Executive Workshop on Excel in Developing, Implementing & Managing Service Level Agreements, 13 & 14 March 2017, Singapore
5. 2nd Executive Workshop on Strategic Planning for Ports & Terminals, 3-4 April 17, Singapore.
6. Executive Workshop on Excellence in Managing Tenancies / Leases - Landlord and Tenant Obligations in Business Tenancies, Apr 4-5 2017 Singapore
7. Executive Programme on Achieving Excellence in Winning Deals & Effective Sales Management – Proven Techniques & Insights for Ports & Terminals, April 17-21, 2017, Singapore
8. 3rd Executive Workshop on Investment Strategies for Green / Brown Field Port Projects, 18-19 Apr 2017, Capetown, South Africa
9. 2nd Executive Workshop on InterModal Solutions – Value Creation, USP identification & Market Positioning for Ports & Terminals, 20-21 April 2017, Capetown, South Africa
10. 2nd Executive Workshop on Multi-Purpose Terminal Business & Operations, April 24-25, 2017, Singapore
11. Executive Workshop on Effective Concession Agreements for Ports & Terminals, 24-25 April, 2017, Singapore
12. Executive Workshop on Coal Terminals Supply Chain Developments, Trends and Operations, 27-28 April 17, Singapore
13. The Global Ports Management & Advanced Management Programs, 29 Apr-11 May 2017, Singapore
14. Executive Workshop on Dry Bulk Terminals – Commercial & Operational Excellence, 11-12 May, 2017 Singapore
15. 2nd Executive Workshop on Advanced Shipping Business, May 18-19 2017, Singapore
16. 2nd Executive Workshop on Reefer Container Logistics, May 18-19, 2017, Singapore
17. 4th Executive Workshop on Ports Financing and Investing, 7-8 June 2017, Hamburg, Germany
18. Executive Workshop on Bulk Liquid Terminals – A Comprehensive Overview for potential Investors in Asian Terminals, 8-9 Jun, 2017, Hamburg, Germany
19. An invitation to register and participate at the 3rd Global Ports Forum, Hamburg Germany from 8-9 June 2017.
20. Executive Workshop on Excellence in Negotiating & Managing Contracts, Aug 3-4 2017, Singapore
21. 5th Executive Workshop on Ports Financing and Investing, 7-8 Sep 2017, Miami, USA
22. Miami to Host the 4th Global Ports Forum, 7-8 Sep 2017, Miami, USA
23. Singapore to host the 5th Global Ports Forum, 25-26 Oct 2017, Singapore
Look forward to welcoming you at the executive workshops/forums.
The Global Ports Forum
GLOBAL PORTS FORUM PTE. LTD.
10 Anson Road
Mobile: +65 9684 3289
DID: +65 65197662
Fax: +65 6725 8438
Terms & Conditions:
No delegate registration will be accepted without completing registration details and full payment.
Upon receipt of your registration details and full payment, further programme information will be emailed to you including your proforma invoice and, if required, a letter of invitation for entry visa application.
Delegates will not be admitted unless payment has been received in Full.
Flights, Airport Transfers and Accommodation are not included in your delegate registration fee.
Refund Policy – a reimbursement of the registration fee, minus administrative charges will only be made if the participant has notified Global Ports Forum Pte. Ltd. in writing that he/she is unable to attend the event no less than 30 days prior to the commencement of the event. No cancellation is allowed after that, but a replacement with another participant is allowed.
This programme is subject to change without notice, E&O.E