Actions and Detail Panel
2nd GPF Executive Workshop on Multi-Purpose Terminal Business & Operations,...
Mon, 24 Apr 2017, 9:00 AM – Tue, 25 Apr 2017, 5:00 PM Singapore Standard Time Singapore Time
GPF Expert Series - 2nd Executive Workshop on Multi-Purpose Terminal Business & Operations,
April 24-25, 2017 Singapore
July 13-14, 2017 Singapore
August 10-11, 2017 KL Malaysia
October 12-13, 2017 Singapore
Dear industry colleagues
Global Ports Forum presents - 2nd Executive Workshop on Multi-Purpose Terminal Business & Operations,
April 24-25, 2017 Singapore
July 13-14, 2017 Singapore
August 10-11, 2017 KL Malaysia
October 12-13, 2017 Singapore
Key Learning Outcomes
1) Understand the multi-purpose port business
2) Understand the port marine services, port facilities usage and its charges.
3) Understand how the port activities are organised to interface with one another
4) Understand the ship side operations
5) Be aware of the importance of ports being managed as commercial enterprises irrespective of their ownership.
6) Understand the port tariff, order to cash process and the port billing.
7) Business Process outsourcing and choosing a contractor
8) Guidelines for Abandoned cargo
About the Course
This 2-day course is aimed to provide a deep understanding of the subject matter.
The course is based on a real Multi-Purpose Terminal project; the details have been altered for commercial secrecy. Video clips, slides and demonstration will be presented during the course.
- Start a multi-purpose terminal - greenfield
- Terminal User and value added services
- Equipment used in Multi-purpose terminal
- Types of Marine services
- Terminal facilities usages
- Ship side operation, gate in/out
- Port Tariff
- Order to Cash process and the terminal billing
- Demo: Port billing system
- Terminal operating system(TOS)
- Outsourcing - stevedoring services
- Abandoned cargo
- Dangerous Cargo
- Security and Safety
Endorsement for the executive workshop from past participants:
A lot of information to take in. A lot of preparation has gone into the Course – the instructor was very enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Sections of greenfield and simulation very interesting.”
Alexia Lyons, Jade Master Logistics Manager, Jade Software Corporation NZ
“Instructor has a lot of knowledge.”
Mark Ginnever, Global Services Director, Jade Software Corporation, NZ
Who should attend
Both Finance and operation managers above of:
Port equipment’s suppliers;
Stevedoring services provider.
About the Course Director
Mr Ng Koon Seng (FCA Singapore, FCCA UK, FCPA Australia) has over 30 years of experience in a global logistics, ocean freight operations and container transportation conglomerate. He has a wealth of international experience from his career in shipping, global container equipment operation; process Optimization, end to end finance system setup for the shipping business start-up operation, transformation, change management, merger & acquisitions and divestures. He was engaged by Jurong Port Pte Ltd in year 2014 as a Finance system lead and business process consultant for a Joint Venture start up Port/Terminal project, providing finance IT project management and translate user requirements into solution concept, prepare training manuals specific to each finance processes and setting up the finance organization, Multi-Purpose Port/Terminal billing system and implementation of the real time integrated Enterprise financial full system from scratch through end to end finance process innovation and design, develop innovation and out-of-box solutions, lean and digitize, user & finance-friendly administration, workflow integrated for Marunda Center Terminal - PT. Pelabuhan Tegar Indonesia, the 1st private international & domestic multi-purpose seaport which focusing in General Cargo & Bulk Cargo (dry & liquid) in greater Jakarta area. The port is a joint venture between Marunda Center Industrial Estate (www. marundacenter.com) Indonesia and Jurong Port Pte Ltd (www.jp.com.sg) a leading international multi-purpose port operator in Singapore. The integrated port billing and finance system is up and live in Marundra Center Terminal.
He was also tasked to do research on the Ports in Thailand, training, financial modelling with Activity-based costing Analysis for the Aggregates and sand Terminal project.
Mr Ng spent 25 years of his career with NOL/APL, a world leader in shipping and logistics services with annual turnover of US$8b., holding various senior management positions from liners services, special cargoes, freight forwarding, shipping agencies, manage PSA’s appropriated Berth scheme for shipping consortia to global equipment operation including M&A of APL, lead Post Merger integration and transformation of the NOL/APL global equipment operation, depots, trucking, rail, land and intermodal operation which involved more than US$1.5 Billion worth of operational cost globally. Head of the NOL global equipment management and achieved significant hard core saving per company's testimonial thru dynamics operational modelling. He was also appointed as deputy general manager of its container/reefer/tank depots, fully automated warehouse (ASRS) & 3rd party cold chain Integrated FMCG Logistics, warehouses and distribution services based in Singapore. He was sent to china as deputy general manager partnering with the local management team for the setting up of the Joint Venture Shipping Services, business and operation control. He was the chief accounting officer of NOL group corporate Accounting and head of group consolidation of more than 200 of NOL's shipping/vessel/port related subsidiaries, associated and Joint venture companies globally. Lead and manage M&A project for the acquisition of a major shipping logistics corporation in China.
Mr Ng is a Fellow Chartered Accountant from Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants, Fellow of Associate chartered Certified Accountant of UK and Fellow Certified Public Accountant of Australia. Beside undertake project work in shipping and finance, research and coaching, Mr Ng currently doing research in the area of dynamics modelling on port operation, global container transportation and empty repositioning, business process optimization, dynamics company cash flow planning and forecasting.
On or Before 24 Feb 2017: The ‘Early Bird’ Rate is S$2895 – Save S$400!
Special Offer! – 3 Delegates For The Price of 2 in This Category! Save S$2895!
• From 25 Feb 2017: The Regular Rate is S$3295
Special Offer! – 3 Delegates For The Price of 2 in This Category! Save S$3295!
Note: All fees stated include luncheons, refreshments and complete set of documentation. It does not include the cost of accommodation and travel.
To register, please submit the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
What Best Describes Your Industry Sector?:
For cheque payments: To be made payable to 'Global Ports Forum Pte. Ltd.' Please do not send post-dated cheque.
For telegraphic transfers:
Account Name: Global Ports Forum Pte. Ltd.,
Account No. : 695 477 141 001.
Beneficiary Bank: Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited, Singapore. (Swift: OCBCSGSG),
Address : 65 Chulia Street #01-00, OCBC Centre, Singapore 049513.
Please supply confirmation via email of the TT from your bank. Transmitting bank charges must be paid by sender. Please quote both delegate and company name as reference.
Kindly note that as we are providing a special rate for ‘early bird’ sign up, we will need to receive your company payment by 24 Feb 2017 to enjoy the discount.
Details of GPF executive workshops/forums in the upcoming few months include:
1. Executive Workshop on Effective Concession Agreements for Ports & Terminals, 20-21 March, 2017, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2. Executive Workshop on Dry Bulk Terminals – Commercial & Operational Excellence, 23-24 March, 2017, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3. 2nd Executive Workshop on Strategic Planning for Ports & Terminals, 3-4 April 17, Singapore.
4. Executive Workshop on Excellence in Managing Tenancies / Leases - Landlord and Tenant Obligations in Business Tenancies, Apr 4-5 2017 Singapore
5. Executive Workshop on Excel in Developing, Implementing & Managing Service Level Agreements, 6-7 April 2017, Singapore
6. Executive Programme on Achieving Excellence in Winning Deals & Effective Sales Management – Proven Techniques & Insights for Ports & Terminals, April 17-21, 2017, Singapore
7. 3rd Executive Workshop on Investment Strategies for Green / Brown Field Port Projects, 18-19 Apr 2017, Capetown, South Africa
8. 2nd Executive Workshop on InterModal Solutions – Value Creation, USP identification & Market Positioning for Ports & Terminals, 20-21 April 2017, Capetown, South Africa
9. 2nd Executive Workshop on Multi-Purpose Terminal Business & Operations, April 24-25, 2017, Singapore
10. Executive Workshop on Effective Concession Agreements for Ports & Terminals, 24-25 April, 2017, Singapore
11. Executive Workshop on Coal Terminals Supply Chain Developments, Trends and Operations, 27-28 April 17, Singapore
12. The Global Ports Management & Advanced Management Programs, 29 Apr-11 May 2017, Singapore
13. Executive Workshop on Dry Bulk Terminals – Commercial & Operational Excellence, 11-12 May, 2017 Singapore
14. 2nd Executive Workshop on Advanced Shipping Business, May 18-19 2017, Singapore
15. 2nd Executive Workshop on Reefer Container Logistics, May 18-19, 2017, Singapore
16. 3rd Executive Workshop on Investment Strategies for Green / Brown Field Port Projects, June 6-7, 2017, Hamburg, Germany
17. 4th Executive Workshop on Ports Financing and Investing, 7-8 June 2017, Hamburg, Germany
18. An invitation to register and participate at the 3rd Global Ports Forum, Hamburg Germany from 8-9 June 2017.
19. Executive Workshop on Bulk Liquid Terminals – A Comprehensive Overview for potential Investors in Asian Terminals, 8-9 Jun, 2017, Hamburg, Germany
20. Executive Workshop on Dry Bulk Terminals – Commercial & Operational Excellence, June 08-09, 2017 Hamburg, Germany
21. Executive Workshop on Excellence in Negotiating & Managing Contracts, Aug 3-4 2017, Singapore
22. 2nd Executive Workshop on Bulk Liquid Terminals, Commercial Considerations for Investment & Financing, March 6-7 2017, Singapore
23. 5th Executive Workshop on Ports Financing and Investing, 7-8 Sep 2017, Miami, USA
24. Miami to Host the 4th Global Ports Forum, 7-8 Sep 2017, Miami, USA
25. Singapore to host the 5th Global Ports Forum, 25-26 Oct 2017, Singapore
Look forward to welcoming you at the executive workshops/forums.
The Global Ports Forum
GLOBAL PORTS FORUM PTE. LTD.
10 Anson Road
DID: +65 65197662
Fax: +65 6725 8438
Terms & Conditions:
No delegate registration will be accepted without completing registration details and full payment.
Upon receipt of your registration details and full payment, further programme information will be emailed to you including your proforma invoice and, if required, a letter of invitation for entry visa application.
Delegates will not be admitted unless payment has been received in Full.
Flights, Airport Transfers and Accommodation are not included in your delegate registration fee.
Refund Policy - a reimbursement of the registration fee, minus administrative charges will only be made if the participant has notified Global Ports Forum Pte. Ltd. in writing that he/she is unable to attend the event no less than 30 days prior to the commencement of the event. No cancellation is allowed after that, but a replacement with another participant is allowed.
This programme is subject to change without notice, E&O.E.