Actions and Detail Panel
4 steps to lose weight and reduce the risks of getting chronic diseases
Mon 24 April 2017, 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM Singapore Standard Time Singapore Time
This workshop is specifically designed for busy working professionals.
You will learn:
- The medically-proven way to lose weight in a healthy and sustainable way
- The most common mistakes people make that are significantly increasing their chances of getting chronic diseases later in life
- 4 things a doctor may not be telling his patients when it comes to reducing risks of chronic diseases
- What type of healthy diet you can adopt easily
- First and most important step to take when you want to achieve optimal health
- 4 medically-proven steps to achieve holistic health
- Why most people fail in their weight-loss journey and what you should do instead
- The scientific way to plan and achieve your health goals within a short span of 2 months
Join this workshop and get free gifts worth more than $130:
- Free Health Screening worth $59
- Free initial dietitian consultation worth $75
Health Screening includes:
- Blood pressure measurement
- BMI measurement
- Visual acuity measurement
- Waist circumference measurement
- Body fat percentage measurement
- Fasting blood tests for diabetes and cholesterol levels
Dieitiatian consultation includes:
- A nutritional assessment
- Dietary education based on your health screening report
- A personalised meal plan based on your individual requirements
During the consultation, you will learn about:
- Your individual energy requirements
- How different foods affect your current condition
- The different food groups
- Food portioning
- Meal planning
- How to enjoy your favourite foods the right way
- Foods that you may need to avoid if you require a special diet
- Dr Seow (MBBS) (Speaking only in April's workshops)
- Ms. Rddhi Naidu (Clinical Dietitian)
Dr Seow was a practising doctor in Singapore’s public hospitals and has accumulated clinical experience in various disciplines, including emergency medicine, ophthalmology, rehabilitation and geriatric medicine, obstetrics and gynaecology, general medicine and general surgery.
During Dr. Seow’s time in the public healthcare system, he witnessed the hardships patients and families experience due to the complications of lifestyle diseases (such as obesity, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol). These complications range from lethargy, low self confidence, end organ failure and may even pose a threat to life. While many of these could have been prevented through healthy eating and leading an active lifestyle, this is not always easy. For some, it is due to financial and time constraints. For others, it may be because of poor habits and misinformed choices.
Dr. Seow is passionate about helping every individual achieve their optimal health through a multidisciplinary medical approach, proper education and implementation of proper lifestyle habits, so that everyone can live their lives to the fullest.
Ms Rddhi is passionate in engaging individuals to reach their optimal health through good nutrition and healthy eating habits. Ms Rddhi is experienced in providing medical nutrition therapy for a wide range of conditions for adult and paediatric clients. Having worked in Royal Brisbane Hospital before returning to Singapore, she has been interviewed and has appeared in The Straits Times and The New Paper for many articles. She is a member of the Singapore Nutrition & Dietetics Association.