Actions and Detail Panel
A-CERTS Training: WSQ Implement Incident Management Processes (1 Day) Run 5...
Tue, November 15, 2016, 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM Singapore Standard Time Singapore Time
Date: 15th November 2016, Tuesday
Time: 9.00am to 6.00pm
Duration: 1 Day
Training Fees: S$440 per pax for A-CERTS Members / $530 per pax for non-members (WSQ funding available for this course)
Accreditation: WSQ Advanced Certificate Module / SCDF: 10 CPD points / SISO: 7 SDU Points
This course is designed to equip participants from various industries with CERT team with skills and knowledge to manage their incidents effectively at their premises as a Site Incident Controller (SIC) or incident leader.
This is also a WSQ module accreditated by WDA.
Aim of This Course
This competency unit covers the skills and knowledge required by the person in charge of a facility to implement the incident management process during an emergency incident in a process facility. This unit covers the approach, structure, tools, processes, communication methods that can be utilised during an emergency incident.
Who Should Attend?
This course aims to provide personnel already working in the process industry, appointed as the Site Incident Controller (SIC) or Site Main Controller (SMC), with the skills and knowledge required to Implement Incident Management Process. It is targeted at individuals who are currently supervisors or senior technicians from all sectors such as:
- Process Industry
- Construction Industry
- Hospitality Industry
- Retail Industry
- Healthcare Industry
- Commercial Industry
The competency unit would be appropriate for those with operational responsibilities.
1. The implications of statutory and organisational requirements.
2. Standard operational requirements.
3. The value of a well written Incident Management Plan.
4. The functional approach to Incident Management.
5. Characteristics of the plant, equipment and facility and associated facilities during emergency situations.
6. Importance of maintaining effective communications (fixed or mobile) with relevant personnel (supervisors, operators, etc).
7. The roles and responsibilities of Incident Management Team members.
8. Command and control principles and techniques.
9. Types of Incident Management tools and resources.
10. Types of appropriate emergency response equipment.
11. Incident mitigating and suppression techniques and strategies.
12. Transition from mitigation operation phase to recovery phase.
13. Emergency response evaluation and debriefs.
14. Identification and communications to relevant stakeholders and government agencies.
What Will You Get Upon Completion?
A downloadable electronic copy of Statement of Attainment (SOA) issued by WDA upon completion of assessment.
Do You Need Any Pre-requisite(s) to Attend This?
Preferrably have some experience in the CERT.
How much is the training fees?
S$440 per pax (all inclusive) for members of A-CERTS and S$530 per pax for non-members. You can write to A-CERTS at email@example.com for more details.
Is this course subsidized?
Company sponsored participants (Singaporeans & PRs) can apply for subsidies under the WSQ funding scheme. For more details on the subsidies, please refer to www.skillsconnect.gov.sg.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
The directional details will be sent to participants upon registration of this training.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
You can contact the administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Is my registration transferrable?
Your registration can be transferred but you will have to inform the A-CERTS Administrator at email@example.com at least 10 working days in advance.
How do I pay for the training?
Upon registration, the A-CERTS Administrator will advise you on the payment details. Please note that event confirmation is only confirmed with full payment.
What is the refund policy?
A-CERTS does not refund but you are allowed to transfer your seats. Please give notice of at least 10 working days.
The name on the registration doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
As Certificate will be issued upon completion of this training, please ensure that your details are correct.
A-CERTS Terms and Conditions
- I hereby wish to participate in the above programme and certify that the information provided is correct. I will not hold the organizer responsbile for any mishap occur during my participation.
- All decisions made by the organizer shall be final.
- I hereby grant the organizer a royalty-free right to use photos and information in media press and materials and marketing materials connected to the event.
- Participant's data is collected to be submitted to the governing bodies and related agencies for accreditation of CPD points, SDU points and generation of certificates.
- Please note that event confirmation is only confirmed with full payment.
- Registration is on First-Come-First-Served basis. We regret to inform that reservation of seats will not be entertained.
- Email confirmation generated by Eventbrite will be official.