Actions and Detail Panel
APC Series: Conduct Rules, Ethics and Professional Practice on 22 Oct 2016
Sat 22 October 2016, 09:00 – 17:00 Singapore Standard Time Singapore Time
Ethical behaviour is at the heart of what it means to be professionals; it distinguishes you from other professionals in the marketplace. Conduct Rules and Ethical principles underpin all actions of RICS members.
During the day, you will look at the five professional and ethical standards that underpin RICS members' behaviour and how they are related to RICS's regulatory framework. Through a review of case study scenarios and relevant ethical situations, you will have the opportunity to think about different ethical questions while considering the impact on the five professional and ethical standards and how they relate to you and your business.
Why You Should Attend?
- Evaluate your knowledge and understanding of RICS professional and ethical standards.
- Develop a solid understanding of RICS professional and ethical standards and learn how to put them into practice.
What to Expect?
Lecture: interactive series of presentation supported by in-depth group discussions.
Case Studies and Exercises: allow you to apply the new theory and concepts in coming out with solutions and reasoning for problems in real-life context.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Recognised the importance of ethics to RICS and you as professionals.
- Explain the five ethical principles that you must observe as RICS members.
- Describe how the ethical principles related to the regulatory framework of RICS.
- Demonstrate the professional and ethical standards in ethical analysis and case study.
Who Should Attend?
- All Candidates who are working towards APC. This is an area that assessors expect to see that you spent time to study as part of CPD log, and will likely to be assessed during your assessment interview.
- Qualified members to achieve CPD targets, particularly in relative to this fundamental subject.
- Anyone who wants to know the RICS conduct rules and professional practice
About the Trainer
Mr. Bill Jones
BSc MA FRICS MSISV
International Standards Director –Asia Pacific
Bill is a Fellow of RICS and has been working in the property industry full time for over 30 years. He holds a BSc in Urban Estate Management from LJMU (Liverpool John Moores University) and an MA in Management from the LJMU Business School. He is also a member of the Singapore Institute of Surveyors & Valuers (SISV). He became a chartered surveyor (MRICS) in 1986 whilst working for Sutcliffe & Co. in the UK as a valuer, commercial agent and property manager.
After a variety of management roles in the public and private sector, Bill joined Royal Dutch Shell in late 2001 and held a variety of positions in FM, corporate real estate and asset management. With Shell, he was based in Singapore and worked on a number of real estate projects across the Asia Pacific region. In 2011 Bill joined CBRE as Process Improvement Lead on the Shell EMEA account. Having been a member of RICS Asia Board and RICS Audit Committee, Bill joined RICS full-time 4 years ago as the ASEAN Director and is now the International Standards Director for the Asia Pacific region.
Bill recently moved on from RICS and is now in a global real estate role with a multi-national organization.