Actions and Detail Panel
App Creation for Both iOS and Android (Holiday Course for Kids) 31 May
Wed 31 May 2017, 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM Singapore Standard Time Singapore Time
App Creation for Both iOS and Android
LiveCode is an easy, English-like, object-oriented, event-driven programming language. Despite its simplicity, it is a powerful, full featured language with over 2,000 commands and behaviors. By learning one language you will be able to develop apps for all the major operating systems and devices in the market, hence the motto “one language to rule them all”.
- No prior coding experience required.
What do your kids learn?
- Easy-to-use English-like programming language; accessible to anybody
- Get real to create fun, interactive apps with the rich media features of LiveCode
- Get creative and put on your Design Thinking Hat
- Step by step instructions for creating apps and interfaces
- Code once and deliver on both iOS and Android
How do we at Kidscode impart our knowledge to your child?
- We guide your child through step-by-step exercises for their first project
- We get them to rebuild this first project or do a slight variation of it
- We then leave them to build a simple brand new project from scratch
- We get them to work on this new project without any guidance
- We repeat the process to instill confidence and familiarity
This recursive training method helps to instill the basics of coding; the sense of adventure and the confidence to explore new ways to code even after the course has been completed!
- Design Thinking Skills
- Your very own mobile app
- LiveCode is open source; continue on with your creation of App with LiveCode
- Create an App that helps in your school work
- Apps can be adapted to any screen size with one command
- Showcase your newly learnt skills and knowledge by competing with your friends
- Try taking up Fun Automation with Green Fingers to immerse yourself in the Internet of Things!
For more information and to confirm your child's space in the course, please visit www.kidscode.sg