Actions and Detail Panel
Biomedical Assessment Test (BMAT) 12-hour Full Course by Imperial Graduates
Why do this course?
- Effective, proven by our admission rates to Imperial and NTU in the last three years
- Affordable, lower priced than other courses
- Personal, with a maximum of 8 students for maximum personal help
This is a 12-hour full content (3 sessions x 4 hours) BMAT course to prepare students for the BMAT examination at the end of the year.
Each session will be from 2 to 6pm, on 2 Oct, 9 Oct and 16 Oct 2016.
The course will expose participants to all 3 sections of the BMAT test. This is to familiarise each student with the format and the structure of the test so they can be mentally prepared for the test. The course will cover the all the sections as recommended by the UK Admissions Testing Service, so as to ensure that each and every participant has a basic understanding of the standards as expected of the UK Admissions Testing Service, which sets the examinations.
Participants will be given questions to do in this BMAT course and will be guided by our instructors, including some examples for Problem Solving, Understanding Arguments and Data Analysis and Inference. In terms of subject matter content, participants will be guided along questions on Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics syllabi as required in the BMAT. We will also be covering basics of writing good essays in order to be able to do well for the essay writing task required in the BMAT.
The course will include a set of reference materials for students to self-study, including sample questions and quick study notes for subject-matter topics required for Section two as part of the BMAT course.
BMAT Course Outline
By the end of this course, participants will:
- Know the structure of the BMAT examination
- Learn how to optimise the examination for highest BMAT scores
- Learn the tips and tricks required to complete the various sections of the BMAT in time
- Learn the three question types in Section 1 of the BMAT and how to best handle them
- Spend additional time on the argument-analysis questions of Section 1 and some unique tricks to do well in these questions.
- Learn the mathematics, chemistry, biology and physics knowledge component of Section 2 of the BMAT
- Know the common question types associated with each of the four components of Section 2 and how to handle them
- Make use of the cheat sheets provided to quickly learn and remember the knowledge required for Section 2
- Understand the expectations of Section 3 of the BMAT in order to get a 5A score.
- Learn useful standard essay structures for a good essay that is expected
- Get insights on 50 essay topics to prepare for the BMAT
- Personal essay review for everyone