Do-It-Yourself AHA Past Winner's Tour: Former Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus
Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus was also affectionately referred to as the Town Convent in the past. It once housed the oldest Catholic girls’ school in Singapore, founded by the French sisters of the Congregation of the Holy Infant Jesus in 1854. The Convent’s neo-gothic Chapel was built at the turn of the century and was consecrated in 1904. It was designed by Father Charles-Benedict Nain, who was inspired by the churches of France. The restoration project received the 1997 Architectural Heritage Award and the Award of Merit in the 2002 UNESCO Asia-Pacific Heritage Award.
Highlights include the former chapel's finely carved column capitals and the brilliant, colourful stained glass windows from Belgium by stained glass artist, Jules Dobbelaere.
Free and easy. No registration is required. Click here for more information.
Address: 30 Victoria Street, Singapore 187996
Nearest MRT Station: City Hall
Click here for a special video on the former Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus.