Actions and Detail Panel
Eco Action Day Circular Economy Industry Roundtable
Thu 1 June 2017, 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM Singapore Standard Time Singapore Time
This June 1st, a group of selected senior business, government and academic leaders will gather at this year’s Eco Action Day Circular Economy Industry Roundtable in search of ways to achieve a more resource-efficient, sustainable economy in Singapore.
You are officially invited to participate in this high-level discussion.
This year's roundtable features the first ever EAD Circular Economy Challenge, which seeks to engage students and young professionals in Singapore to create innovative solutions to improve sustainable consumption and production patterns in the city-state.
As the world population continues to grow – to some 8.5 billion by 2030, and 9.7 billion in 2050, according to the United Nations – the demand for products and services will be unparalleled.
Most manufacturing practices today follow a linear “take, make, waste” model, where the flow of materials from mines to landfills is a one-way affair, and according to the World Economic Forum, results in trillions of dollars in annual economic losses.
As resource availability shrinks and the global population expands, this industrial model is no longer viable. In its place, the circular economy is now emerging as a response to this global challenge.
How will this impact existing business models? What would a circular economy in Singapore look like?
What are the challenges and business opportunities in this transition? And does the regulatory environment need to change to accommodate the new economy?
This year’s Eco Action Day roundtable will seek to discuss these issues and suggest practical steps to integrate circular economy principles for a more sustainable Singapore.
Details of the event are as follows:
Date: 1st June (Thursday)
Time: 9am – 1pm
Venue: Ricoh Printing Innovation Centre
103 Penang Road, VisionCrest Commercial, Level 7, Singapore 238467
Guest-of-Honour: Dr Amy Khor, Senior Minister of State for Health and Environment & Water Resources
Moderator: Ms Jessica Cheam, Managing Editor, Eco-Business
• 9.00 am - Registration of guests
• 9.20 am – Arrival of the Guest-of-Honour
• 9.30 am – Welcome remarks by Jessica Cheam, Managing Editor, Eco-Business
• 9.40 am – Opening remarks by Ricoh Asia Pacific representative
• 9.50 am – Opening speech by Guest-of-Honour
• 10.00 am – Presentation on the Sustainable Singapore Movement by the Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources
• 10.10 am – Presentation by Circular Economy Challenge winning team
• 10.20 am – Participants split into 4 groups to discuss 4 themes/sectors and sharing
• 11.10 am – Panel discussion with GOH, group representatives and summary remarks
• 12 pm – Presentation of prizes to Circular Economy Challenge winning teams by Guest-of-Honour
• 12:15pm – Networking lunch
Both local and international media will also be invited to cover the roundtable.
*Notice: Your photograph, audio-video or other recordings may be taken during this event for use by Ricoh in social media, promotional material, event publicity and other related purposes.