Global Ports Forum presents – Executive Workshop on Bulk Liquid Terminals – A Comprehensive Overview for potential Investors
May 11-12, 2017, Singapore
August 17-18, 2017, Singapore
October 2-3, 2017, Singapore
About the Course
Intense, participative learning about all aspects of Bulk Liquid Terminals from a potential investors view point including investment, financing and maximizing revenues.
In four modules with defined learning objectives, subject content, simulation among participants and deliverables by participants over a 2 day period.
The end of the course each participant will go away with a clear view on how Bulk liquid Terminals commercially operate, how they are generally financed and what to look for in a good investment.
Module One – Types of Storage & general attributes of a successful Bulk Liquid Terminal
- Types of storage
- Customer base
- Facilities & utilisation rates
- Revenue sources
- Customer contracting
Module Two – Investing in Terminals
- Comparison of Greenfield/Brownfield & Existing Operational Terminals.
- Partnerships & Joint ventures
- Competitor Analysis.
- Due Diligence
- Zoning, land leases & waterfrontage considerations.
- Building for competitive advantage
Module Three – Project Financing
- Asset valuation
- Sourcing Finance
- Marketing Research
- Management of risk
- Finance Sources
- Securing board approval
Module Four – Case Studies
- Case study China
- Case study Middle East
- Case study S.E. Asia
- All course Material will be provided
During the course
- Interactive teaching methods and actual case studies.
After the course
- Trainer available for follow up emails, questions on phone.
- Distribution of discussion materials.
- Form a participant only online group.
Who Should Attend?
- Potential investors in Bulk liquid terminals who wish to learn more about the Industry
- Business development professionals. Port Managers & potential investors from other industries who want to increase their knowledge on bulk liquid storage and its investment opportunities.
- Banks & financial institutions looking to expand into Port or terminal infrastructure, equity research analysts, Investment Banking professionals
- Logistic or finance professionals who interface with Ports and Bulk Liquid Terminals as a customer and want to better understand their supply chain.
About the Course Director
Mike Beviss is Director Special Projects at Eastport Maritime Pte Ltd. He is a Master Mariner and has been in the Maritime industry for nearly 40 years working with Bulk Liquid Terminals, Shipping and Maritime Logistics; prior to his role at Eastport he worked for over 10 years as VP Sales & Marketing for a leading Global Bulk liquid Transportation & Storage company in Europe and here in Asia in a Terminal business development role. As Director of Special Projects at Eastport he has a consultancy and advisory role for Eastport’s Customers and potential customers in the development and marketing of new bulk liquid terminals, is an industry trainer and a frequent Speaker or Chairman at Asian and International Bulk liquid storage and shipping events.
Recent Advisory Roles
- Feasibility study and advisory for a large oil terminal Project in NE Asia for a Financial Investor.
- Market Study and advisory for a Trader’s Hub port project on the Indian Sub-Continent.
- Europe wide Commercial study and advisory for a Port operator in the Mediterranean.
- Consultant and senior commercial advisor for a large bulk liquid terminal project in SE. Asia.
- Senior commercial advisory services for a Greenfield maritime logistics park in Malaysia
- Senior commercial advisor for a bulk liquid terminal project in Indonesia.
On or Before 11 April 2017: The ‘Early Bird’ Rate is S$2895 – Save S$400!
Special Offer! – 3 Delegates For The Price of 2 in This Category! Save S$2895!
- From 12 April 2017: The Regular Rate is S$3295
Special Offer! – 3 Delegates For The Price of 2 in This Category! Save S$3295!
Note: All fees stated include luncheons, refreshments and complete set of documentation. It does not include the cost of accommodation and travel.
To register, please submit the following details to email@example.com:
What Best Describes Your Industry Sector?:
For cheque payments: To be made payable to ‘Global Ports Forum Pte. Ltd.’ Please do not send post-dated cheque.
For telegraphic transfers:
Account Name: Global Ports Forum Pte. Ltd.,
Account No. : 695 477 141 001.
Beneficiary Bank: Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited, Singapore. (Swift: OCBCSGSG),
Address : 65 Chulia Street #01-00, OCBC Centre, Singapore 049513.
Please supply confirmation via email of the TT from your bank. Transmitting bank charges must be paid by sender. Please quote both delegate and company name as reference.
Kindly note that as we are providing a special rate for ‘early bird’ sign up, we will need to receive your company payment by 11 April 2017 to enjoy the discount.
Details of GPF executive workshops/forums in the upcoming few months include:
1. Executive Workshop on Global Trade, Macroeconomic Policy and the Impact on Regional Trade and Shipping, 20-21 Feb 2017, Singapore
2. 2nd Executive Workshop on InterModal Solutions – Value Creation, USP identification & Market Positioning for Ports & Terminals, 20-21, Feb 2017, Singapore
3. 2nd Executive Workshop on Bulk Liquid Terminals, Commercial Considerations for Investment & Financing, March 6-7 2017, Singapore
4. Executive Workshop on Excel in Developing, Implementing & Managing Service Level Agreements, 13 & 14 March 2017, Singapore
5. 2nd Executive Workshop on Strategic Planning for Ports & Terminals, 3-4 April 17, Singapore.
6. Executive Workshop on Excellence in Managing Tenancies / Leases - Landlord and Tenant Obligations in Business Tenancies, Apr 4-5 2017 Singapore
7. Executive Programme on Achieving Excellence in Winning Deals & Effective Sales Management – Proven Techniques & Insights for Ports & Terminals, April 17-21, 2017, Singapore
8. 3rd Executive Workshop on Investment Strategies for Green / Brown Field Port Projects, 18-19 Apr 2017, Capetown, South Africa
9. 2nd Executive Workshop on InterModal Solutions – Value Creation, USP identification & Market Positioning for Ports & Terminals, 20-21 April 2017, Capetown, South Africa
10. 2nd Executive Workshop on Multi-Purpose Terminal Business & Operations, April 24-25, 2017, Singapore
11. Executive Workshop on Effective Concession Agreements for Ports & Terminals, 24-25 April, 2017, Singapore
12. Executive Workshop on Coal Terminals Supply Chain Developments, Trends and Operations, 27-28 April 17, Singapore
13. The Global Ports Management & Advanced Management Programs, 29 Apr-11 May 2017, Singapore
14. Executive Workshop on Dry Bulk Terminals – Commercial & Operational Excellence, 11-12 May, 2017 Singapore
15. 2nd Executive Workshop on Advanced Shipping Business, May 18-19 2017, Singapore
16. 2nd Executive Workshop on Reefer Container Logistics, May 18-19, 2017, Singapore
17. 4th Executive Workshop on Ports Financing and Investing, 7-8 June 2017, Hamburg, Germany
18. Executive Workshop on Bulk Liquid Terminals – A Comprehensive Overview for potential Investors in Asian Terminals, 8-9 Jun, 2017, Hamburg, Germany
19. An invitation to register and participate at the 3rd Global Ports Forum, Hamburg Germany from 8-9 June 2017.
20. Executive Workshop on Excellence in Negotiating & Managing Contracts, Aug 3-4 2017, Singapore
21. 5th Executive Workshop on Ports Financing and Investing, 7-8 Sep 2017, Miami, USA
22. Miami to Host the 4th Global Ports Forum, 7-8 Sep 2017, Miami, USA
23. Singapore to host the 5th Global Ports Forum, 25-26 Oct 2017, Singapore
Look forward to welcoming you at the executive workshops/forums!
The Global Ports Forum
GLOBAL PORTS FORUM PTE. LTD.
10 Anson Road
Mobile: +65 9684 3289
DID: +65 65197662
Fax: +65 6725 8438
Terms & Conditions:
No delegate registration will be accepted without completing registration details and full payment.
Upon receipt of your registration details and full payment, further programme information will be emailed to you including your proforma invoice and, if required, a letter of invitation for entry visa application.
Delegates will not be admitted unless payment has been received in Full.
Flights, Airport Transfers and Accommodation are not included in your delegate registration fee.
Refund Policy – a reimbursement of the registration fee, minus administrative charges will only be made if the participant has notified Global Ports Forum Pte. Ltd. in writing that he/she is unable to attend the event no less than 30 days prior to the commencement of the event. No cancellation is allowed after that, but a replacement with another participant is allowed.
This programme is subject to change without notice, E&O.E.