Executive Workshop on Effective Concession Agreements for Ports & Terminals, 24-25 April, 2017, Singapore
Dear industry colleagues
SIGN UP TODAY !
Executive workshop on Effective Concession Agreements for Ports and Terminals
24-25 April, 2017; Singapore
18-19 September, 2017; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
About the Course
This two days executive workshop is targeted to enhance the appreciation and understanding about framework of the Concession Agreements between decision makers and supporters from Port & Terminals and Concession granting authorities. The workshop aims to encompass entire spectrum of concession agreements – from identification of infrastructure development elements and private investment requirement to preparation of legal and financial framework in order to develop a transparent and bankable model concession agreement; defining the steps and process for inviting expression of interest to capturing concession agreement clauses which are attractive for project proponents, investors, financers and meeting the broader objectives and interests of the public, community and society.
Significance / relevance of the course
With a steady growth in world GDP and volume of international trade, substantial investment is required to enhance the cargo handling and hinterland connectivity with gateway ports. With ambitious plans for their ports and terminals; governments all over the world are increasingly encouraging and providing various incentives to investors and operators to build and expand Ports and Maritime infrastructure. Over a period of time, roles of the Government and public bodies have changed to remain landlord /owners of public assets – waterfront and port land. Private enterprises gradually increase their role in the ports by taking charge of financial and operational risks. In this process, Government and public bodies assume the roles of owners of land & waterfront and regulators of the port while private enterprises take on complete responsibility of Port operations. This course will attempt to provide an integrated approach to develop the main legal instrument – The Concession and implementation and execution of the Concession Agreement.
At the end of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Identify elements of Maritime Infrastructure and estimate investment required.
- Understand Private sector investment for Maritime Infrastructure Development.
- Develop a balanced Model Concession Agreement.
- Analyze all conditions of The Concession from the perspective of the authorities, concessionaire, investors and financers.
- Learn the elements of Detailed Project Report for a Terminal / Port Project
- Prepare Hinterland Mapping for a Port Location
- Work out Business Volume Forecast for Port with logical assumptions
- Arrive at a basic financial model for financial viability of a Terminal / Port Concession.
A combination of Class room Training, Interactive workshops, Individual and group case studies will be used. Participants will be provided with advance study / reading material on each topic covered under deliverables.
Who should attend:
Port Authorities; Port / Terminal developers, Port operators; Banks, PE, Port Service providers; Shipping Companies, Forwarders, Logistics companies, Port Equipment Suppliers; Port Designers / Planners; Port Consultants
World Trade and Terminals / Ports scenario: A global perspective of changing role of The Government and Public Ports from Service ports to landlord and asset owners.
Developing Model Concession Agreement: Class room training followed by a group case study for a real port and identification of Concession elements, clauses, terms and structure.
Understanding Financial and legal implications of a typical concession: class room training followed by a role play exercise.
Concession Agreement Execution and implementation: Detailed project report, Financial viability of the concession Class room training and Group case study.
About the Course Director
This program will be conducted by Mr. Mukesh Parikh who is associated with Global Maritime Industry for over 35 years. Mr. Mukesh Parikh has a distinction of having hands on Maritime Industry experience with continuous involvement in Training and Development throughout his distinguished career. Mr. Mukesh Parikh has a post graduate degree in Management with specialization in Marketing and Finance. He attended one year training program Professional Shipping at Norwegian Shipping Academy, Oslo.
During his career of 18 years in the Commercial Shipping, he was associated with UNCTAD/UNDP as a Trainer and Course developer. He attended two weeks instructors Workshop (Training for Trainers) organized by UNCTAD / UNDP in collaboration with The Ministry of Transport and Ports in Malaysia at Penang Port Commission. He conducted a number of training Programs in the Middle East, South East Asia and Indian subcontinent including developing a training program on General Shipping Management for Arab Maritime Transport Academy, Sharjah, UAE; covering shipping subjects.
A sound foundation of Shipping Industry and clear understanding of market and customer requirement and expectations from service providers enabled Mr. Mukesh Parikh to build the next phase of his career in Ports and Terminal Industry. He joined The Adani Group in Senior Management position at the inception stage of Mundra Port in India and made a major contribution to set up Business Development and Marketing Team as well as Establish Standard Operating Procedures for the entire spectrum of Operations in the Port. He successfully built marketing and operations teams and trained them. His next role was Chief Operating Officer of Sterling Port for setting up integrated Port Facilities at Dahej Port. All stages of Green Field Port development were covered - From site selection to Feasibility, Environment Impact Assessment and Environment clearance for the project, Detailed Project Report, Concession Agreement with Authorities for development of Port infrastructure and facilities on Build, Own, Operate and Transfer model.
Since July 2014, Mr. Mukesh Parikh has taken up advisory and consultancy role for The Maritime Industry. His assignments for Ports and Terminals cover Business volume estimation and hinterland mapping with competition analysis, Revenue forecasts for the life of the project and financial modelling, investment optimization in line with market potential; Commercial and legal aspects of logistics, cargo handling, warehousing contracts; business excellence and standardization of operating procedures; Organization development, structuring and Manpower planning and training.
On or Before 24 March 2017: The ‘Early Bird’ Rate is S$2895 – Save S$400!
Special Offer! – 3 Delegates For The Price of 2 in This Category! Save S$2895!
• From 25 March 2017: The Regular Rate is S$3295
Special Offer! – 3 Delegates For The Price of 2 in This Category! Save S$3295!
Note: All fees stated include luncheons, refreshments and complete set of documentation. It does not include the cost of accommodation and travel.
To register, please submit the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
What Best Describes Your Industry Sector?:
For cheque payments: To be made payable to 'Global Ports Forum Pte. Ltd.' Please do not send post-dated cheque.
For telegraphic transfers:
Account Name: Global Ports Forum Pte. Ltd.,
Account No. : 695 477 141 001.
Beneficiary Bank: Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited, Singapore. (Swift: OCBCSGSG),
Address : 65 Chulia Street #01-00, OCBC Centre, Singapore 049513.
Please supply confirmation via email of the TT from your bank. Transmitting bank charges must be paid by sender. Please quote both delegate and company name as reference.
Kindly note that as we are providing a special rate for ‘early bird’ sign up, we will need to receive your company payment by 24 March 2017 to enjoy the discount.
Details of GPF executive workshops/forums in the upcoming few months include:
1. 2nd Executive Workshop on Multi-Purpose Terminal Business & Operations, 15-16 Dec 2016, Singapore. MCF Training Grant is available for eligible participants. Please refer to www.mpa.gov.sg/mcf for information”.
2. Executive Workshop on Excellence in Managing Tenancies / Leases - Landlord and Tenant Obligations in Business Tenancies, 15-16 Dec 2016, Singapore
3. Executive Workshop on Excellence in Public-Private Partnership Infrastructure Contracts for Non-Legal Professionals - Practical Understanding of Legal and Common Commercial Clauses, 19- 20 Dec 16, Singapore
4. 2nd Executive Workshop on Investment Strategies for Green / Brown Field Port Projects, 19-20 Dec 2016, Singapore
5. Executive Workshop on Excellence in Port Operations, 22-23 Dec 2016, Singapore
6. 2nd Executive Workshop on InterModal Solutions – Value Creation, USP identification & Market Positioning for Ports & Terminals, 29-30 Dec 2016, Singapore
7. Executive Workshop on Excellence in Negotiating & Managing Contracts, Jan 4-5 2017, Singapore
8. Executive Workshop on Reefer Container Logistics, January 12-13, 2017, Singapore
9. 3rd Executive Workshop on Investment Strategies for Green / Brown Field Port Projects, 28-29 Jan 2017, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
10. 4th Executive Workshop on Ports Financing and Investing, 28-29 Jan 2017, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
11. 3rd Executive Workshop on Multi-Purpose Terminal Business & Operations, 30-31 Jan 2017, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
12. 2nd Executive Workshop on InterModal Solutions – Value Creation, USP identification & Market Positioning for Ports & Terminals, 30-31 Jan 2017, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
13. Executive Workshop on Use of Automated Guided Vehicles and drones in Ports and Terminals, 30-31 Jan 2017, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
14. The 2nd Global Ports Forum, 1-2 February 2017, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
15. 2nd Executive Workshop on Use of Technology for Ports and Terminals, 1-2 Feb 2017
16. The Global Ports Forum Awards, 2 Feb 17, Dubai, UAE
17. 2nd Executive Workshop on Advanced Shipping Business, Feb 2-3, 2017, Singapore
18. Executive Workshop on Global Trade, Macroeconomic Policy and the Impact on Regional Trade and Shipping, 20-21 Feb 2017, Singapore
19. 2nd Executive Workshop on Bulk Liquid Terminals, Commercial Considerations for Investment & Financing, March 6-7 2017, Singapore
20. Executive Workshop on Excel in Developing, Implementing & Managing Service Level Agreements, 13 & 14 March 2017, Singapore
21. 2nd Executive Workshop on Strategic Planning for Ports & Terminals, 3-4 April 17, Singapore.
22. Executive Programme on Achieving Excellence in Winning Deals & Effective Sales Management – Proven Techniques & Insights for Ports & Terminals, April 17-21, 2017, Singapore
Look forward to welcoming you at our executive workshops/forums!
The Global Ports Forum
GLOBAL PORTS FORUM PTE. LTD.
10 Anson Road
Mobile: +65 9684 3289
DID: +65 65197662
Fax: +65 6725 8438
Terms & Conditions:
No delegate registration will be accepted without completing registration details and full payment.
Upon receipt of your registration details and full payment, further programme information will be emailed to you including your proforma invoice and, if required, a letter of invitation for entry visa application.
Delegates will not be admitted unless payment has been received in Full.
Flights, Airport Transfers and Accommodation are not included in your delegate registration fee.
Refund Policy - a reimbursement of the registration fee, minus administrative charges will only be made if the participant has notified Global Ports Forum Pte. Ltd. in writing that he/she is unable to attend the event no less than 30 days prior to the commencement of the event. No cancellation is allowed after that, but a replacement with another participant is allowed.
This programme is subject to change without notice, E&O.E.