San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join us as we discuss how to best integrate the Facebook Platform and hear how journalists are utilizing Facebook in their reporting and storytelling. We'll discuss some of the best practices from journalists and editors who are pushing the boundries in using the platform to distribute content, report stories and engage with their communities.
The current agenda for the meetup is as follows:
- 5:00 p.m. – Buses leave from Hyatt Regency San Francisco
- 5:45-6:00 – Attendees arrive and register at Facebook HQ
- 6:00-6:30 – Dinner & Drinks at Building 15
- 6:30-7:00 – Andy Mitchell and Nick Grudin, media and community partnerships at Facebook: Welcome & Media on Facebook Overview
- 7:00-7:45 – Moderated Panel Discussion: "Facebook & Social Journalism: A Discussion on Best Practices"
- 8:15 p.m. – Buses Leave Facebook for SF
Panelists include: Liz Heron, director of social media at the Wall Street Journal; Craig Kanalley, senior editor at the Huffington Post; Juana Summers, national political reporter at POLITICO; Adrian Carrasquillo, web & social media producer at NBC Latino; Brian Ries, senior social media editor at Newsweek/The Daily Beast. Moderated by Vadim Lavrusik, journalism program manager at Facebook.
REMINDER: You will need to present this RSVP ticket for this event to be able to board the bus and attend the event. No exceptions. Please bring an id. Also, after the meetup if you're planning to attend the ONA12 Opening Night Reception at the Rincon Center, which ends at 9:30 p.m., you'll need to have your ONA12 general pass badge with you to enter.