Apple Swift Playgrounds 1
Schedule: Mon 19 Dec - Fri 23 Dec, 2pm-5pm
Ages: 10 - 15
Requirements: No prior experience required
- Get an introduction to computer science
- Code using commands and sequences
- Debug with code
- Code using functions and loops
- Learn operators and algorithms
In this course students will explore the fundamentals of Swift, the programming language used to create apps for Apple products. By solving puzzles in a dynamic 3D puzzle world, students will develop a set of coding skills to build up their basic programming vocabulary. Their coding journey begins with simple commands, functions, and loops. From the start, they’ll write real code, the same code used by real programmers.
Instructors at Saturday Kids are curious about design and technology. They come from diverse backgrounds such as psychology, design, business and computer science. They are not necessarily software engineers by training, but having taught themselves programming they believe computational thinking and digital literacy are basic skills every child needs.
- This workshop will proceed with a minimum of 6 tickets sold. We will inform you in advance if the workshop is cancelled. Refunds will be made accordingly.
- We will be filming and taking photographs of the children in our workshop. By registering a child's attendance at this workshop, parents/guardians grant Saturday Kids a perpetual licence to use the student's work, photographs or videos of the student, and other materials for purposes such as publicising or promoting our workshops/events and the students’ accomplishments on Saturday Kids' website or on our partners' websites.
Save This Event
When & Where
Kids will invent the future. What if they start now?
At Saturday Kids, students don't just learn to code. They code to learn.
Kids today live, learn and play in a digital world, so it's never been more important for kids to learn digital literacy.
However, we also recognise that technology is ever changing, what's relevant today might not be so tomorrow. It's nigh impossible to teach a kid everything there is to know...
But what we can do is bring out the curiosity in kids.
With our design-based approach emphasising creation, we create an environment where there is no right answer, kids are free to explore, can put theory into practice and develop the mindset of "I can figure this out myself" instead of being spoonfed the answers.
Saturday kids learn how to learn.
If you're a firm believer that what kids learn on Saturdays is just as important as what they learn in school Monday to Friday, let's chat!
Can't find a class below that suits you? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay informed of upcoming Saturday Kids workshops, new courses and events... sign up here