Actions and Detail Panel
GPF Executive Workshop on Capacity Planning and Financial Investment Analys...
Mon, 3 Jul 2017, 9:00 AM – Tue, 4 Jul 2017, 5:00 PM Singapore Standard Time Singapore Time
Global Ports Forum presents - Ports & Terminals Capacity Planning and Financial Investment Analysis, July 3-4, 2017 Singapore
Key Learning Outcomes:
Identify what impacts current port capacity.
Design and use key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor port performance
Determine what KPIs to benchmark and how
Examine the gaps in effectiveness and efficiencies and determine how to close these gaps.
Applying Business Process Reengineering and Technological Improvement concepts for port processes and operational improvements.
Testing proposed changes through simulation.
Understand Port Capacity Planning, which covers facility review, market feasibility studies and cargo forecasting techniques.
Understand the various tools of Financial Feasibility Analysis
Apply these tools to determine the financial viability of financial investments and proposed port expansion projects.
Financing the port/terminal expansion.
Understand the risks involved and how to mitigate them.
Participants will be able to hone the knowledge acquired through class exercises and case studies.
Workshop commences at 9.00 am sharp and ends at 5.00 pm. There will be morning and afternoon break each day. Lunch is served at 12.30 pm.
Preamble to Ports & Terminals Capacity Planning:
(Sessions 1 and 2 will enable you to examine your current operations to determine the current effectiveness and efficiencies.)
1. Identifying the Right KPIs for your Port Operations
• Design of KPIs based on cargo type and mode of port operations
• Identifying your objectives for KPIs
• KPIs selection criteria
• Developing KPIs: what to look out for
2. Operational vs. Non-operational KPIs
• Port performance Indicators (Efficiency, Effectiveness, HSE Indicators)
• Financial Performance Indicators
• Port Financial Indicators
• Class Exercise on port productivity and discussion on causes of low productivity
(Session 3 will enable you to compare your performance with the best in class and highlight the gaps for potential improvements.)
• Defining Benchmarking
• Why benchmark?
• What areas to Benchmark?
• Difficulties Experienced and How to overcome them
• Is there a solution?
(Sessions 4 will examine the measures you can take to improve/optimize your internal effectiveness and efficiencies and session 5 will enable you to test potential scenarios before you decide on expansion.)
4. Business process Re-engineering:
• What is BPR?
• Illustrations on BPR
• BPR Processes
• Cases on use of BPR to improve processes
• Is Terminal Automation a possible solution?
• Case Discussion on Terminal Automation
• Class exercises on use of BPR for operational improvement and case study on port operation automation process.
5. Testing Scenarios through use of Simulation:
• What is simulation?
• Why simulation?
• What data or information do you require for simulation?
• Potential areas to use simulation to test future scenarios
(Session 6 will look at all aspects of Port Capacity Planning and Session 7 will deal with Investment Appraisal of Port Expansion Projects. )
6. Port Capacity Planning:
• Overview of Port Markets and its Impact on Capacity Planning
• Capacity Planning Management and Cargo Forecasting Tools
• Exercises on Cargo Forecast Tools
• Class exercises on cargo forecasting and financial feasibility.
7. Investment Appraisal :
• Explain Purpose of Investments
• Explain Objectives of Investment Appraisal
• Investment Appraisal Models (Non-Discounting and Discounting Models)
• How to ensure accuracy of financial analysis
• Is there a need for Post-Audit?
• Project illustration of Financial Feasibility Analysis
Who should attend:
Port / Terminal developers, Port operators;
Port Service providers;
Port Designers / Planners;
About the Course Director
Law Peng Keat, PPA is the founding Director of Asia Ports & Terminals Consultants Pte. Ltd. (AP&TC), which provides consultancy services for the port and liquid bulk terminal industries. Prior to establishing the consulting firm, he has had over 30 years of hands-on experience in the management of ports and liquid bulk terminals.
He graduated with the Bachelor of Economics (Honours) degree and obtained post-graduate qualifications in General Management and Marketing Management. He received training in Port & Harbour Management from the Ministry of Transport, Japan. In addition, he is full Member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport and the Singapore Institute of Directors.
His entire career centered mainly on ports and terminals. In his early career, he worked for Jurong Town Corporation (JTC) for 16 years managing an offshore supply base and the industrial port, Jurong Port, which was then a gateway of the Port of Singapore Authority (PSA). Whilst serving at Jurong Port, he was conferred the Public Administration Medal (Bronze) by the then President of the Republic of Singapore, Mr. Wee Kim Wee.
Subsequently, he worked for 10 years at GATX Terminals Pte. Ltd., a joint venture between GATX Terminals Corporation (GTC), USA, PSA and JTC, as its Senior Vice President. Concurrently, he served as an alternate Director for 15 years representing JTC and then GTC. GATX Terminals Pte. Ltd. was then one of the largest petrochemical terminals in South East Asia with two joint venture terminals in Malaysia and China.
Prior to establishing AP&TC, he rejoined Jurong Port Pte. Ltd. as its Senior Consultant. In that role he was involved in managing the shift of Pasir Panjang Terminal’s conventional operations to Jurong Port, securing the Offshore Marine Centre O&M tender, logistics shipping contract for coal and biomass and the proposed development of a new liquid bulk terminal.
In addition to his consulting work, Peng Keat also serves as a guest lecturer appointed by the Nanyang Technological University, School of Maritime Studies, for the Maritime Port Leaders’ Programme hosted by the Maritime Port Authority, Singapore.
On or Before 3 Jun 2017: The ‘Early Bird’ Rate is S$2895 – Save S$400!
Special Offer! – 3 Delegates For The Price of 2 in This Category! Save S$2895!
• From 4 Jun 2017: The Regular Rate is S$3295
Special Offer! – 3 Delegates For The Price of 2 in This Category! Save S$3295!
Note: All fees stated include luncheons, refreshments and complete set of documentation. It does not include the cost of accommodation and travel.
REGISTER NOW !
To register, please submit the following details to email@example.com:
What Best Describes Your Industry Sector?:
For cheque payments: To be made payable to 'Global Ports Forum Pte. Ltd.' Please do not send post-dated cheque.
For telegraphic transfers:
Account Name: Global Ports Forum Pte. Ltd.,
Account No. : 695 477 141 001.
Beneficiary Bank: Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited, Singapore. (Swift: OCBCSGSG),
Address : 65 Chulia Street #01-00, OCBC Centre, Singapore 049513.
Please supply confirmation via email of the TT from your bank. Transmitting bank charges must be paid by sender. Please quote both delegate and company name as reference.
Kindly note that as we are providing a special rate for ‘early bird’ sign up, we will need to receive your company payment by 3 Jun 2017 to enjoy the discount.
Details of GPF executive workshops/forums in the upcoming few months include:
1. 2nd Executive Workshop on Strategic Planning for Ports & Terminals, 3-4 April 17, Singapore.
2. Executive Workshop on Excellence in Managing Tenancies / Leases - Landlord and Tenant Obligations in Business Tenancies, Apr 4-5 2017 Singapore
3. Executive Workshop on Excel in Developing, Implementing & Managing Service Level Agreements, 6-7 April 2017, Singapore
4. Executive Programme on Achieving Excellence in Winning Deals & Effective Sales Management – Proven Techniques & Insights for Ports & Terminals, April 17-21, 2017, Singapore
5. 3rd Executive Workshop on Investment Strategies for Green / Brown Field Port Projects, 18-19 Apr 2017, Capetown, South Africa
6. 2nd Executive Workshop on InterModal Solutions – Value Creation, USP identification & Market Positioning for Ports & Terminals, 20-21 April 2017, Capetown, South Africa
7. 2nd Executive Workshop on Multi-Purpose Terminal Business & Operations, April 24-25, 2017, Singapore
8. Executive Workshop on Effective Concession Agreements for Ports & Terminals, 24-25 April, 2017, Singapore
9. Executive Workshop on Coal Terminals Supply Chain Developments, Trends and Operations, 27-28 April 17, Singapore
10. The Global Ports Management & Advanced Management Programs, 29 Apr-11 May 2017, Singapore
11. 3rd Executive Workshop on Investment Strategies for Green / Brown Field Port Projects, May 08-09,2017, Singapore
12. Executive Workshop on Bulk Liquid Terminals – A Comprehensive Overview for potential Investors, May 11-12, 2017, Singapore
13. Executive Workshop on Dry Bulk Terminals – Commercial & Operational Excellence, 11-12 May, 2017 Singapore
14. 2nd Executive Workshop on Advanced Shipping Business, May 18-19 2017, Singapore
15. 2nd Executive Workshop on Reefer Container Logistics, May 18-19, 2017, Singapore
16. 3rd Executive Workshop on Investment Strategies for Green / Brown Field Port Projects, June 6-7, 2017, Hamburg, Germany
17. 4th Executive Workshop on Ports Financing and Investing, 7-8 June 2017, Hamburg, Germany
18. An invitation to register and participate at the 3rd Global Ports Forum, Hamburg Germany from 8-9 June 2017.
19. Executive Workshop on Bulk Liquid Terminals – A Comprehensive Overview for potential Investors in Asian Terminals, 8-9 Jun, 2017, Hamburg, Germany
20. Executive Workshop on Dry Bulk Terminals – Commercial & Operational Excellence, June 08-09, 2017 Hamburg, Germany
21. Executive Workshop on Excellence in Negotiating & Managing Contracts, Aug 3-4 2017, Singapore
22. 2nd Executive Workshop on Bulk Liquid Terminals, Commercial Considerations for Investment & Financing, Aug 14-15 2017, Singapore
23. 5th Executive Workshop on Ports Financing and Investing, 7-8 Sep 2017, Miami, USA
24. Miami to Host the 4th Global Ports Forum, 7-8 Sep 2017, Miami, USA
25. 2nd Executive Workshop on InterModal Solutions – Value Creation, USP identification & Market Positioning for Ports & Terminals, September 20-21, 2017 Dubai, UAE
26. Singapore to host the 5th Global Ports Forum, 25-26 Oct 2017, Singapore
Look forward to welcoming you at the executive workshop and forums!
The Global Ports Forum
GLOBAL PORTS FORUM PTE. LTD.
10 Anson Road
Mobile: +65 9684 3289
DID: +65 65197662
Fax: +65 6725 8438
Terms & Conditions:
No delegate registration will be accepted without completing registration details and full payment.
Upon receipt of your registration details and full payment, further programme information will be emailed to you including your proforma invoice and, if required, a letter of invitation for entry visa application.
Delegates will not be admitted unless payment has been received in Full.
Flights, Airport Transfers and Accommodation are not included in your delegate registration fee.
Refund Policy - a reimbursement of the registration fee, minus administrative charges will only be made if the participant has notified Global Ports Forum Pte. Ltd. in writing that he/she is unable to attend the event no less than 30 days prior to the commencement of the event. No cancellation is allowed after that, but a replacement with another participant is allowed.
This programme is subject to change without notice, E&O.E.