San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Editing? Want to advance and add skills? All editors (books, magazines, websites) now need to keep up with changing roles and the rapid expansion of technology and its effects on publishing (print and online). You’ll want to deepen your skills working with and analysing texts; understanding the market, and using all you have to make your publication the best it can be! Join us for an intense (and intensely fun) day.
- Balancing the elements: Being advocate for the public, the publisher and the author
- Who the writing’s for? What is its best form?
- Structural and line editing—how much of each is enough?
- When to stop editing: when is the piece ‘just right’?
- Keeping the reader reading (with no blips!). Proofreading techniques
- What an editor’s role and responsibilities are beyond ‘pure’ editing
- Communicating well: Becoming a diplomat and a choreographer!
- Bringing it all together and ‘launching’ the manuscript
The workshop can be cancelled or postponed two weeks before the workshop date if the minimum number of participants is not met. Participants will be fully refunded for workshops cancelled by us.Participants who are unable to attend a workshop they have registered for are to inform us of the reason two weeks before the workshop date. They will be fully refunded in the event of extenuating and mitigating circumstances (E.g. illness, bereavement, accidents).
Those who inform us later than two weeks before the workshop date will receive a 50 % refund. Participants can also opt to attend another course at the same value within the same year. Upon registration, you are deemed to have read and understood the cancellation, withdrawal and substitution policy and accept the terms contained therein.
- Kinokuniya Privilege card members can enjoy a 10% discount on all our courses.
- ALAP’S BRING A FRIEND DISCOUNT: Enjoy a 10% discount on each ticket when you sign-up for two tickets in one purchase
- ALAP’s THREE N MORE DISCOUNT: Form a group of three and more and enjoy a 15% discount on each ticket in one purchase
Please request ALAP staff for the discount code, before registering and paying for the workshops via Eventbrite.
For enquiries, please contact ALAP staff:
Prema: 6848 8297
Judi: 6848 8295