In Search of Purpose Talk #11: An Evening with Ms Belinda Lee
About the Speaker
Belinda Lee is an all-round artiste with an accomplished career in both acting and hosting. Widely recognised for her social and humanitarian travelogues and info-educational series, Belinda believes that it is her bigger calling to sow seeds of hope in others by sharing heartwarming human stories with her audience.
The goodwill ambassador for World Vision Singapore has also recently published her first book, Larger than Life: Celebrating the Human Spirit, that documents ten profile stories of some of the most inspiring people she met through filming.
Join us for an inspiring evening with Belinda as she shares larger than life stories.
About the In Search of Purpose Talk Series
In Jan 2015, Central Singapore Community Development Council (CDC) launched the In Search of Purpose Talk Series (ISOP), a TED-style inspirational talk series that seeks to help adults and youth discover their bigger role in society. Speakers, either local or overseas, are invited to share their personal stories and experiences about various topics that we hope will encourage the audience members to give back and be part of a more caring community in Singapore. The bimonthly talk is hosted by Ms Denise Phua, Mayor of Central Singapore District.
Speakers featured in previous ISOP talks include:
- Mr Lim Siong Guan, group president of GIC
- Ms Ann Medlock and Mr John Graham, founders of Giraffe Heroes Project
- Mr Benny Se Teo, CEO and founder of Eighteen Chefs
- Mr Kenny Low, founder of City College and O School
- Ms Eunice Olsen, artiste and former NMP
- Dr Tan Lai Yong, lecturer and director for outreach and community engagement at NUS College of Alice & Peter Tan
- Mr Louis Ng, executive director and founder of Animal Concerns Research and Education Society (ACRES)
- Ms Chia Yong Yong and Ms Leslie Chia, special needs advocates
- Dr Goh Wei Leong, chairman and co-founder of HealthServe
- Ms Kuik Shiao-Yin, director and co-founder of The Thought Collective
Our previous ISOP sessions are available on our Youtube page here.
If you have any speaker or a particular topic that you will love to hear in our future talks, drop Lena an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.