Actions and Detail Panel
Introduction to Pointed Pen Calligraphy
Sat 13 May 2017, 2:15 PM – 5:15 PM Singapore Standard Time Singapore Time
Pointed Pens are classical tools used to produce many scripts - mostly commonly traditional styles and even contemporary ones. Some examples of Pointed Pen scripts are; English Roundhand, Engrossers' Script, Spencerian and Modern Calligraphy.
Through this 3-hour session, you will learn how to use the tools correctly, see examples of different types of pointed-pen calligraphy styles, demonstrations, learn the letterforms, connect letters into words and get sufficient time to practice calligraphy proper! Also, we love our calligraphy workspace nicely decorated, so let us enjoy the session learning and practicing calligraphy surrounded by our curated dried blooms and our other calligraphy accessories. You are welcome to have a go at using our other calligraphy tools we have brought along (i.e wax seals, alternative inks) to the workshop too!
What You’ll Learn
- The variety of pointed pen calligraphy styles and a brief history
- Understanding the basic terminologies related to pointed pen calligraphy
- Understanding basic tools and proper use of them
- Positioning and posture
- Basic strokes and forming letters (lowercase letters)
- Connecting letters
- Class notes and Practice Sheets
- Calligraphy Guidelines
- Wooden pen holder
- Calligraphy nibs *2
- A4 Rhodia Pad (80 sheets)
- Bottle of Calligraphy ink
- NK exclusive handwritten exemplar for every student
- Hand-painted/drawn folded card for final artwork.