Day 3: Lean UX Workshop (Jan 27, 2013)
Day 3 is Lean UX Week's main event, a massive 120-seat hands-on workshop conducted by Master Coach Janice Fraser (and her team). The workshop is for entrepreneurs, intra-preneurs and individuals who…
- Want to get out of the building, run experiments, validate your assumptions, practice rapid decison-making, and advance your progress on your product
- Believe that user experience is core to business success
- Need to develop an internal design capability in their organisation
- Are working on a startup idea and want to figure out how to bring it to market
- Have launched a product and are figuring out what the next step is
- Are open to Lean Startup and agile methods
Day 3 is suitable for anyone who want to find out how to build products that people love, including:
- UX Professionals
- Design Professionals
- Business Leaders
- Product Managers
No prior experience in Lean UX is necessary. Suitable for all ages.
This workshop is limited to 120 seats. Participants will be grouped into teams of three people per team.
If you are coming to the workshop as a team, we suggest bringing your developer, designer, and business leader. You'll learn to make rational design decisions and validate them collaboratively and quickly. Cross-team collaboration is encouraged to provide all of us with more ideas, better feedback, and faster problem-resolution.
If you are coming to the workshop as an individual, we'll try our best to provide an opportunity for inter-disciplinary collaboration. However, we'd like to seek your understanding that with 120 participants, it might be difficult to make everyone happy.
- In-person training conducted by Master Coach Janice Fraser and her team (S$312.50 value)
- Over 30 certified facilitators will be on-site to guide you
- AWS Credits
- ACE Startup Founder Pack
Day 3 is a one-day intensive workshop split into four parts (subject to change).
- Customer Development (90 minutes)
- Documenting assumptions about customers
- Value Proposition (90 minutes)
- Identify value proposition
- Defining Minimum Viable Product
- Actionable Metrics (90 minutes)
- Vanity metrics vs actionable data
- Communicating objectives
- Purpose and Pivots (90 minutes)
- Company vision and values
- Pivot without losing your product's soul
The workshop will be conducted at our venue sponsor, Microsoft Singapore headquarters.
Is this event only for startups? What if I'm a small/medium business that's been around for a few years? What if I'm working in a corporation?
The materials is geared towards startups, but alumni from previous workshops conducted by Janice consist of professionals from all works of life. No matter what kind of business you are from, if you are interested in building products that customers love, then you will benefit from this workshop.
Let's say you are working in an company that's further along in development. How do you decide what your next product will be? What's the next feature you are going to build? Resources will always be limited no matter what kind of organisation you come from. What you learn will help you with the strategic direction of your product in a way that reduces waste.
Can I get a student discount?
Unfortunately we will not be able to offer student discounts at this time. If you know of any school programmes or organisations who would be willing to subsidise student tickets, let us know and we will try to make an arrangement with them.
I have a group of 5 participants signing up. Can I get a group discount?
Unfortunately we will not be able to offer group discounts at this time, due to the limited seats available and the exclusivity of this event. Since this is a non-profit event, we've already tried to bring the price down as much as possible.
For more information visit leanuxweek.sg
When & Where
Foong Pin Sym
Lee Jun Lin