Actions and Detail Panel
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Jul 6 - Aug 31 Thursday Evenings
Thu 6 July 2017, 7:00 PM – 9:30 PM Singapore Standard Time Singapore Time
Would you like to learn skills to better cope with stress, anxiety, pain and illness?
Join our 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course!
(*Seniors enjoy a National Silver Academy subsidy and ^Skillsfuture can be applied)
Dates & Times (8 sessions plus a full day retreat):
Classes are from 7.15pm to 9.30pm except on the dates with special timings next to them:
Jul 6 (6;45pm-9:45pm), 13, 20, 27, Aug 3, 17, 24, 31 (6;45pm-9:45pm)
(10 Aug is skipped due to National Day)
Full day retreat: 20 Aug (Sun) from 9.30am to 5pm
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Program consists of eight weekly classes and one all-day class. There are 31 hours of direct instruction. Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is a well-defined and systematic patient-centered educational approach which uses relatively intensive training in mindfulness meditation as the core of a program to teach people how to take better care of themselves and live healthier and more adaptive lives.
In this evidence-based course developed at the University of Massachusetts (UMass) Medical School, you will learn and practise mindfulness techniques to help you:
• Understand your patterns and habits of reaction
• Improve interpersonal communication
• Manage frustrations and conflicts
• Develop self-awareness and confidence
Some expected outcomes:
• Better self-control
• Calmer and more focused
• Improved sleep quality
• Reduced level of stress and anxiety
* This course is now available under a National Silver Academy (NSA) subsidy. To be eligible for the NSA subsidy, participants must be either Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Residents, aged 50 and above. You will be required to produce proof of NRIC (a copy will be retained for our records), as well as sign the consent of use of personal data by C3A and relevant partners on the first day of class. Please arrive 30 minutes before class starts to complete the application process. Participants who do not fulfill the above criteria will not be eligible for NSA funding and will be required to pay the course fee in full; no refunds will be provided.
^ This is a SkillsFuture-approved course. To find out how to use your SkillsFuture credit for this course, please click here.