Do you love Nature? Do trees and gardens beckon you and does the thunderstorm thrill you? Do you worry about the changing climate, species extinction?
In our everyday lives we overlook the natural world and our place in it. Even in cities there is Nature – sea, sky, sun and moon, trees, numerous other life-forms. Awareness of our place in Nature is crucial in building a more sustainable lifestyle. The earth is our only home.
Writers are agents of change. This course will show you how to let Nature re-enter your life and writings. So get closer to nature, refresh your mind and put the Nature spirit into your writings.
Write about Nature – whether you are a professional or amateur writer. You don’t have to be a specialist – if you care about Nature, you can learn to write about it!
- Discovering what Nature writing is about – from books on ecology and environment, popular science writings, personal journeys in Nature to children’s picture books.
- Exploring your ‘Nature niche’ – how to incorporate Nature into what you already write.
- Learning the tools to transform your knowledge of Nature and experiences in Nature into writing
- Re-building your relationship and the reader’s relationship with the natural world
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Anupa Roy is a writer for young adults and children; content writer and information consultant. She is the author of the colourful picture books, 'Travels of Little Rice Grass & Travels of Little Tea Leaves' published by Ethos Books Singapore. She has also written heritage stories for Sentosa, Singapore, Mount Faber and Singapore Tourism Board. Anupa holds a post graduate degree in English Literature and language with specialisation in ESL; and a degree in Library and information science and certificates in technical writing as well as children’s writing.
• Kinokuniya Privilege card members can enjoy a 10% discount on all our courses.
• ALAP’S BRING A FRIEND DISCOUNT: Enjoy a 10% discount on each ticket when you sign-up for two tickets in one purchase
• ALAP’s THREE N MORE DISCOUNT: Form a group of three and more and enjoy a 15% discount on each ticket in one purchase
Please e-mail email@example.com for the discount code to enter as the promotional code during the online registration
Visit http://alap.bookcouncil.sg/courses/grants for more details.
Cancellation of Workshop, Withdrawals & Substitution
The workshop can be cancelled or postponed two weeks before the workshop date if the minimum number of participants is not met. Participants will be fully refunded for workshops cancelled by us.
Participants who are unable to attend a workshop they have registered for are to inform us of the reason two weeks before the workshop date. They will be fully refunded in the event of extenuating and mitigating circumstances ( E.g. illness, bereavement, accidents) .
Those who inform us later than two weeks before the workshop date will receive a 50 % refund. Participants can also opt to attend another course at the same value within the same year.
Upon registration, you are deemed to have read and understood the cancellation, withdrawal and substitution policy and accept the terms contained therein.
For enquiries, please contact ALAP staff:
Judi: 6848 8295