San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Are You The Next Singing Sensation?
Does performing on stage give you a rush? Come flex your musical muscle at the NYP Jam! singing competition and stand to win attractive prizes. Go solo or gather your friends and dazzle us in a group!
Who Can Join?
All secondary school and ITE students
You can enter as:
- Group/Band (not more than 5 members)
- Registration closes on 20 Nov 2016
- Auditions from 7 to 9 Dec 2016
- Finals on 6 Jan 2017
By participating in NYP Jam!, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
- The competition is open to all Secondary School and ITE students except established artistes with contracts.
- Top 3 winners of previous seasons of NYP Jam! are not eligible to participate.
- Group/band members need not come from the same school but all members must be either current Secondary School or ITE students.
- Each Group/Band can be made up of a maximum of five team members.
- Contestants can choose to perform a song in English, Mandarin, Malay or Tamil language.
- Registration closes on 20 Nov 2016. NYP reserves the right to reject late applications and applications that do not meet the requirements stated here.
- Registered applicants will be invited to an audition at Nanyang Polytechnic, Auditorium on 7 - 9 Dec 2016.
- Ten contestants will be chosen to participate in the finals on the evening of 6 Jan 2017 at Nanyang Polytechnic.
- Contestants must be available for Auditions and Finals on the stipulated dates above, if selected.
- Contestants can perform original works/compositions if they wish to.
- Contestants must provide their own music CDs, all necessary props and musical instruments for both the audition and finals. Basic sound system, drumset, keyboard, mikes and music stands will be provided.
- Contestants are strictly limited to a maximum of five minutes per Solo/Group/Band performance.
- Contestants will be judged based on overall talent – singing ability, stage presence and style.
- You will be auto-included in NYP’s mailing list to receive informational and promotional content related to NYP. We respect your privacy and will keep your information confidential; we will not disclose it to any third party without prior written consent from you. However, if you do not wish to receive any informational and promotional content related to NYP, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list upon receiving the first email. Please note that you will still receive information on the current event that you have registered for.
- The organiser reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions without prior notice.
- The judges’ decision is final and irrevocable.
When & Where
Established in 1992, Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP) offers a distinctive brand of polytechnic education, with 47 full-time diploma courses and three programmes in various fields of Engineering, Information Technology, Design, Interactive & Digital Media, Chemical & Life Sciences, Business, and Health Sciences. Working in close collaboration with its wide network of industry and institutional partners, NYP prepares its students for rewarding careers and equips them for further education. Its curriculum strikes a purposeful balance of academic coursework, practice-oriented training, and all-round development of students. Opportunities for international programmes further enhance its students' world-readiness.
Uniquely, an NYP education ignites in students the spirit of innovation and enterprise, nurturing them to be creative problem-solvers and entrepreneurial individuals.