The P5 Science Process Skills and Answering Strategies Workshop is a highly popular 2-day x 3hr programme to equip students with the process skills and answering strategies to score in the SA2 and PSLE Science. Students would be taught strategies on how to apply concepts and process skills to challenging higher-order problems and to answer the Open-Ended questions in Section B with confidence and precision.
The following PSLE/P5 question-type and concepts would be explicitly discussed during the workshop:
1) Experimental Techniques
- Identifying AIM of experiment
- Identifying the CHANGED and FIXED Variables
- Designing a FAIR TEST
- Creating a CONTROL setup
2) Graphs and Data Analysis
- How to ensure a RELIABLE result
- Systematic technique to analyse graphs and data tables
- Drawing graphs
3) Experimental Design Questions
- Steps to create and design fair experiments
4) Application-type questions (challenging!)
- Step-by-step template to conquer application question using the heuristics approach
- Techniques to link science concepts to question
Duration: 2 days x 3hrs (6hrs)
Levels: Primary 5
Schedule: 19-20 Oct (Wed-Thu), 9am-12pm (Pasir Ris Br)
The programme would be taught by the Principal Tutor of Edufront Learning Centre, Mr. Yang Iskandar.
Mr. Yang is a former HOD of Maris Stella High (Primary) School, specialising in PSLE Maths and Science. He graduated with BBA (Hons) and MSc from NUS under the NUS Research Scholarship. He received his Post-Graduate Diploma in Education (Primary Specialisation) from NIE/NTU.