Actions and Detail Panel
Putting the "Why" Back in Education (For Educators)
Tue 18 October 2016, 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM SGT
Putting the "Why" Back in Education (For Educators) is a seminar seeking to re-envision Christian educators for their role in shaping the next generation. Join us as we:
- Revisit the (Christian) roots of education, including its purpose
- Unpack the implications of an education that is disconnected from God, and
- Discover how we can restore meaning and joy to learning, by reconnecting every domain of knowledge (our subjects) back to our Maker.
Who should attend?
If any of the following describe you, then this seminar may provide fresh insight and encouragement for your work in education:
- Are you a teacher/tutor who still feels a lack of purpose in your work, despite your efforts and love for your students?
- Do you ever wonder how you can bring God into the subject you're teaching?
- Are you about to enter into the sphere of education and would like to know how you can start to equip yourself?
- Do you have other Christian educators under your care and would like to know how you can encourage and support their growth?
09:30 am - 09:45 am: Registration
09:45 am - 11:00 am: Introduction & Session I
11:00 am - 11:20 am: Break
11:20 am - 12:10 pm: Session II
12:20 pm - 12:30 pm: Q&A and Closing
Jillian is a passionate and gifted educator who has taught in both the public school system in Singapore and in private Christian schools in Singapore and abroad. She has also been involved in developing and implementing teacher training programmes to equip teachers with a Biblical view of education and enjoys seeing the impact this has on their teaching. Jillian currently serves as Principal of Sterling Campus, Singapore.
David is a seasoned pastor, missionary, and educator whose vast cross-cultural experience includes working with gang members in the USA, missionary and church planting work in East Africa, and leadership of a Christian school in the USA. David currently serves on the Faculty team at Sterling Campus and is excited about seeing his students develop and live out a Biblical worldview for all of life.
What to expect:
- Discussion/Breakout Session
- Handouts will be provided
- Light refreshments will be served
What can/can't I bring to the event?
Participants are free to bring a laptop for note-taking, though we encourage you to bring it on a full battery as there may be limited outlets for charging.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
For further enquiries, feel free to contact Pei by phone at +65 6337 7633, or via email at email@example.com
Do you offer discounts?
For group discounts, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the refund policy?
Refunds are only allowed in the event the seminar is cancelled. If you are unable to attend, you may choose to transfer the ticket to a person of your choice. Kindly ensure you forward your ticket to them.