Learn Scratch and Tinker with the Latest Tech Gadgets
Completed our Beginner I course? Continue to fuel your child's passion for Coding at our popular 2-day coding camps.
Now back by popular demand, available for Beginner II students, the camps include 10 hours of instruction where the kids will continue to build on their knowledge of the fundamentals, and create more complex apps, games and animations.
As before, They will also be treated to a Signature gourmet lunch and tea break at the nearby SPRUCE restaurant, all at no extra charge!
Children will be using Scratch, a graphics-based computer coding language developed by Mitchel Resnick, LEGO Papert Professor of Learning Research and head of the Lifelong Kindergarten group at the MIT media labs.
At the end of the course, students will feel confident and recognize their potential to create, design and develop computational media which they enjoy in their daily lives.
Most importantly, this programme strengthens their logical and problem solving skills which are useful in many aspects of life, be it immediately in their studies (e.g. Mathematics Problem Sums, Science, etc) or in the future.
Coding for Kids (Scratch:Beginner II) Course Outline
Quick Recap and Stories
Recap the key Scratch concepts and knowledge
Implementing Storyboards with Scratch
Develop basic games
Key Game Features
Techniques to implement key game features (e.g. Scoring, levels, enemies)
Develop your own Project (Game/Story/Animation)
Hands on experience and application of techniques to develop own games, stories or animation
Continue on your project
Use the techniques you have learnt over the past 4 days
Show and tell
Who is this coding class for?
- Children 7 -12 years old
- Completed Scratch Beginner I
- Laptop provided (one per child)
- A special full day camp just for 2 days
- Lessons starts from 9.30am and ends at 5.30pm
- Parents can drop off children from 8.30am onwards and pickup by 6.30pm
- 10 hours of instruction
- Lunch will be provided
- Small Class Size: 8 students maximum
- 8.30 am - 9.30 am - Drop-Off
- 9.30 am - 11.30 am - Class
- 11.30 am - 1.00 pm - Lunch @ Spruce
- 1.00 pm - 3.00 pm - Class
- 3.00 pm - 3.30 pm - Tea Break
- 3.30 pm - 4.30 pm - Class
- 4.30 pm - 5.30 pm - Tinker Hour
- 5.30 pm - 6.30 pm - Pick-up
- SGD $445
- Early Bird Discount: $50 off (Until 10 days before course starts)