Coding for Kids (Beginners) Course Outline
Chapter 1: Introduction to Scratch
Explore scratch and familiarise with interface.
Basic step by step animation (loops, events and parallelism techniques)
Chapter 2: Animation
Hands on experience and application of techniques.
Making your animation come alive (music, colour, costumes)
Chapter 3: Telling stories
Creating a story board using scratch
Create your own characters, coordinate interactions
Manage timing and broadcasting of these events
Chapter 4: Gaming time
Learn how to build interactive games
Add your own score count and games.
Learn to debug your game
Chapter 5: Project showcase
Work on your game/app/animation concept
Use the techniques you have learnt over the past 4 days
Show and tell – Showcase with the most votes win a prize
Who is this coding class for?
– Any child from 10-12 years old. No programming / coding knowledge needed
Coding for Kids Class Structure
– 4 Hours per class
– Small Class Size: 10 - 20
– Trainer Ratio 1 Trainer :10 Students
– Refreshments and healthy energy boosters provided
– Laptop + Robot (one per child) will be provided during the course