Six session course for a total of 15 hours
We demystify the garment making process further through making a pair of women’s pants.
Draft a pair of straight pants & understand how to use dart manipulation for design from your basic pattern blocks. Sewing construction techniques covered include installing a fly front zipper placket and curved waistband.
Develop the skills you need to move on to more complicated pieces to create fit & dimension.
Pick up dressmaking tricks-of-the-trade with our easy-to-understand lessons in small class sizes taught by friendly trainers!
*We suggest taking our Sewing & Patternmaking Basic: Womenswear as a prerequisite, but it is not necessarily a requirement. Please contact us to discuss your level of experience.
In addition to class hours, courses include ONE optional replacement class; additional studio time is charged at $10/hr
Students from Sewing + Patternmaking Basic courses are eligible for savings of $50 – Please email or contact us for a coupon code!
What You’ll Learn:
- How to take measurements for making pants
- Learn how to draft a pair of pants from scratch
- Create a first fitting sample and and use the tools necessary for sewing
- Learn how to sew a professional pair of pants and install a fly front zipper placket
- Construct and add a fitting curved waistband to your pants
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 mins early if possible.