Actions and Detail Panel
Tiny Techies with Beebot, littleBits Jr & Scratch Jr, 5-9 Jun Holiday Camp...
Mon, Jun 5, 2017, 9:30 AM – Fri, Jun 9, 2017, 12:45 PM Singapore Standard Time Singapore Time
Mini coders rejoice! It’s time to get groovy by programming BeeBot, learning electronics by inventing with littleBits, and coding their own game and animation with Scratch Junior.
Never thought your little ones could code? Kids as young as 5 get to programme a robot to boogie, invent electronic gadgets, and code a game or animation on an iPad! Unleash your child’s full creative potential by soaking in the wonders of tech. Inventing the future starts right here.
KEEPIN’ IT SHORT & SNAPPY
For kids ages 5-6
Mon-Weds BeeBot & littleBits Jr 3h 15mins /day
Thurs-Fri Scratch Jr 3h 15mins / day
No experience necessary
Good mix of Hands-On Circuits, Tangible Programming & On-screen programming
Get a headstart on early childhood development through digital literacy
Click to watch BeeBot in action!
"My kids had a blast & came home armed with knowledge & information which they were excited to share with us." - Joanne, Parent
Say hi to BeeBot!
BeeBot’s an award-winning little robot that teaches young kids programming concepts, directional skills, math and more. Kids learn to build on their critical thinking and literary abilities by programming BeeBot to…
Dance and draw cool geometrical shapes
Complete an obstacle course that kids’ll get to design themselves
After which, kids learn about circuits & inventing their own gadgets and gizmos with littleBits.
littleBits are fun electronic modules that invite kids to get creative while learning. Just like Lego, littleBits are small, simple, intuitive blocks that snap together with tiny magnets.
Within every kid lies an inner little inventor. With the power to build from imagination, they're gain creative confidence and the curiosity required to build awesome inventions like this:
In the second half of this course, kids will translate the tangible programming concepts they've learned onscreen. Kids will get to play with Scratch Junior - an introductory programming language specially designed for young children. Kids learn how to code on an iPad by snapping together programming blocks to create…
Interactive animations where characters come to life.
Their very own original games that they can play with their friends!
Kids are just like sponges - the younger they are, the more they absorb. In this fun and interactive course, kids get an introduction to computational thinking through hardware and software programming. By being exposed to technology early, kids also learn to become creative thinkers and develop problem solving skills!
Oh! The Stuff you'll learn!
- What's littleBits & Design Thinking
- Prototype Your Invention
- How different materials work
- Build & Design a Functional Party Wearable
- Discover the magic behind simple programming algorithms
- Code BeeBot the robot and make it come to life
- Build on basic numeracy and literacy skills
- Design an obstacle course for BeeBot
- How to code on an iPad
- Animate characters to move about
- Project Time: code your own game or animation
- Share & Present
Life Skills Learnt
- Logical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Design Thinking
- Presentation Skills
No lectures. No memorisation. No ONE right answer. Like real life, we're all about trying things out, failing, figuring what went wrong & trying again. These are the skills & mindset that will last a lifetime. Let's get kids to learn how to learn.
Because the kids who learn to learn become curious, inventive, resourceful human beings who solve real world problems to make meaningful impact.
Parents love us
"...and for the first time he is not running to play other people's creations but his own... I am absolutely delighted in the 'mindset' change in my son's attitude." - Emma, Parent
"Thank you for a wonderful and exciting enrichment program that is so much more than academics.. it's fun but for me as a mum, an important future skill set for my son." - Rachel, Parent
Got more questions on this course of awesomeness?
Read our FAQ section below!
Call us & we'll call you back! +65 3163 5385
Email us! firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
1. My child is new to programming. Will he / she be able to follow?
The BeeBot, littleBits Junior & Scratch Junior course is designed with the assumption that students have no prior background or experience in programming. All students new to programming are more than welcomed.
2. My child is younger than 5. Can he / she join?
The BeeBot, littleBits Junior & Scratch Junior course is recommended for 5-6 year olds. If your child is very keen, we can organise separate classes if there is a minimum of 4 participants. Please contact us directly to enquire.
3. I've enrolled my child, what will he/she need to bring?
We’ll provide all equipment and materials, but you may want to bring a jacket and light snacks in case he/she gets hungry. If your child is joining the full day camp, we recommend bringing packed lunches.
- This camp will proceed with a minimum of 4 tickets sold. We will inform you in advance if the camp is cancelled. Refunds will be made accordingly. Unless otherwise notified, the camp will go ahead.
- We will be filming and taking photographs of the children in our workshop. By registering a child's attendance at this camp, parents/guardians grant Saturday Kids a perpetual licence to use the student's work, photographs or videos of the student, and other materials for purposes such as publicising or promoting our workshops/events and the students’ accomplishments on Saturday Kids' website or on our partners' websites.