Web Development for Kids with Beginner's HTML/CSS
Schedule: Mon 28 Nov - Fri 2 Dec, 10am-1pm
Ages: 10 - 15
Requirements: No prior experience required
By the end of the this HTML/CSS course, your child will understand how websites are displayed and be able to publish their own website by coding it using HTML/CSS
Sign your kids up for serious programming fun!
Kids today live, learn and play in a digital world. So it’s never too early for them to acquire the programming and thinking skills that would transform them from passive consumers of technology to creators and inventors.
The World Wide Web is a place where kids play and interact with one another on a daily basis. HTML is the markup language that gives content structure and meaning by telling browsers about headings, lists, tables, etc. CSS is a presentation language created to style the appearance of content by telling browsers to change the colour, font, layout, and more.
- What is a website?
- Basic tags
- Lists & formatting
- Formattng divs & paragraphs using CSS
- Formatting images using CSS
- Create and publish your own static website
Instructors at Saturday Kids are curious about design and technology. They come from diverse backgrounds such as psychology, design, business and computer science. They are not necessarily software engineers by training, but having taught themselves programming as they believe computational thinking and digital literacy are basic skills every child needs.
1. My child is new to computers and programming. Will he / she be able to follow?
The Web Development for Kids with HTML/CSS course welcomes all new programming students.
2. My child is younger than 10. Can he/she join?
We have designed the material and pace of this workshop for the older primary school aged children. A younger child may struggle to follow and not be as engaged.
3. I've enrolled my child, what will he / she need to bring?
We'll provide all materials. You might wish to bring a drink, some light snacks and a jacket just in case your child gets cold or hungry. We'll give the class breaks in between so your child can take that time to sip on some juice and munch on those yummy crackers!
- This workshop will proceed with a minimum of 6 tickets sold. We will inform you in advance if the workshop is cancelled. Refunds will be made accordingly.
- We will be filming and taking photographs of the children in our workshop. By registering a child's attendance at this workshop, parents/guardians grant Saturday Kids a perpetual licence to use the student's work, photographs or videos of the student, and other materials for purposes such as publicising or promoting our workshops/events and the students’ accomplishments on Saturday Kids' website
When & Where
Kids will invent the future. What if they start now?
At Saturday Kids, students don't just learn to code. They code to learn.
Kids today live, learn and play in a digital world, so it's never been more important for kids to learn digital literacy.
However, we also recognise that technology is ever changing, what's relevant today might not be so tomorrow. It's nigh impossible to teach a kid everything there is to know...
But what we can do is bring out the curiosity in kids.
With our design-based approach emphasising creation, we create an environment where there is no right answer, kids are free to explore, can put theory into practice and develop the mindset of "I can figure this out myself" instead of being spoonfed the answers.
Saturday kids learn how to learn.
If you're a firm believer that what kids learn on Saturdays is just as important as what they learn in school Monday to Friday, let's chat!
Can't find a class below that suits you? Email us at email@example.com
Stay informed of upcoming Saturday Kids workshops, new courses and events... sign up here