Why SME Sucess = Customer Engagement + Loyalty
Thursday, 20 October 2016 from 14:00 to 17:00 (SGT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
SME owners are no longer at a loss to find the answer to common questions like,
• How do I attract more customers?
• How do I know which customers are most loyal?
• How best to utilise technology without spending a fortune?
Come and join us to look at case studies of SMEs that have adopted mobile loyalty and exploring their success, why and how you make data your friend
|2.00pm||Registration & Networking|
|2.30pm|| Basic Marketing for SMEs Toolkits, Case Studies & Govt
Assistance Scheme by SME Centre@Southwest
|3.15pm|| Digital & Mobile marketing and Customer’s Loyalty Building by
|4.15pm|| Case Studies: Success Stories by Ms Anna Gong, CEO of
1. Knowing the customer lifecycle of acquisition, engagement and retention.
2. Building a database of loyal customers who are engaged through mobile.
3. Understanding the role of customer data in today’s
business environment. How to leverage this data for increase
revenue and driving value to customers.
4. Hearing successful SME’s journey on digital & Mobile marketing
and loyalty building
Who should attend?
- Business owners, decision makers, Marketing Managers,
- Business Develop and any other role that is dedicated to growing their business.
- Businesses interested in Customer loyalty & Engagement.
Anna Gong, CEO Perx Technologies, has 10+years being involved in Startups from both Silicon Valley and now Singapore. Anna is now focussed bringing mobile loyalty and customer.
For enquiries, please contact Goh Boon Keng at 6826 3009 or email to
Terms and Conditions
1. The event is subject to change and all final decisions are at the sole discretion of the organiser.
2. The organiser reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to limit or deny access to any company or individual.
3. All registration will be given on first-come-first-serve basis.
4. Prior registration is strongly encouraged as walk-in on the event day may not be entertained. No-show participants will be charged a nominal fee of $20.
To verify if you are a member, please visit http://www.smfederation.org.sg/index.php/directory.
When & Where
SME Centre@SMF, supported by SPRING Singapore, was established in May 2005 as a subsidiary of SMF. SME Centre@SMF provides small and medium enterprises (SMEs) with easy access to business advisory services to help them start, sustain and grow their businesses. The one-stop SME Centre's services include business diagnosis, information on government schemes and capability workshops.