Actions and Detail Panel
Commonwealth & Holland Village heritage tour (16 October 2016)
Sun 16 October 2016, 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM SGT
Commonwealth & Holland Village heritage tour traces the evolution of Queenstown’s colourful social history from a rubber plantation in the 1870s to a bustling military village in the 1930s and a renowned expatriate centre and tourist attraction in the 2000s.
Participants will visit iconic sites such as Shuang Long Shan Wu Shu Memorial Hall, Ying Fo Fui Kun cemetery (Singapore's last Hakka cemetery), MOE Heritage Centre, Holland Village and Ridout conservation area.
NOTE: This trail may not be suitable for persons with disability due to rough terrain.
Level of Difficulty: 1/5
- Approximate Duration:4 hours (8.30am to 12.30pm)
- Please arrive at Holland Village MRT Station 15 minutes before 8.30am. The trail guides will be wearing ORANGE T-shirts with our distinctive CROWN logo.
- The trail will end opposite Botanic Gardens.
What to bring?
- Wear comfortable clothes (preferably long pants) and shoes suitable for thick vegetation.
- Bring along insect repellent, EZ-Link card, a bottle of water and an umbrella
- Asthmatic patients are encouraged to bring their inhaler
- Guided tours will be cancelled in the event of heavy rain. We will email or SMS you to inform an hour before the trail
- Guided tours will also be cancelled if the Pollution Standard Index (PSI) exceeds 150. We will email or SMS you to inform an hour before the trail
- Guided tours will continue in the event of light rain. Participants are required to bring their umbrellas.
Join us at www.facebook.com/myqueenstown