San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
In this workshop, you can learn techniques which will encourage children to participate actively during a storytelling session. Go beyond just simply telling the story to using the story to get the children involved in the story using finger-play, oral refrains, action, music and rhythm. This workshop is suitable for beginners and anyone who is interested in storytelling and it is especially useful for teachers and care-givers who work and play with children.
- Understand how participation stories can be used to increase the focus, attention span and language skills of the children
- Gain hands-on experience in using finger play, oral refrains, action, music and rhythm to engage children
- Learn how to manage big groups of children and draw responses from them
About Wong Swee Yean
Swee Yean, an experienced storyteller and trainer, has been telling stories in schools, libraries and museums for the past 12 years. She has also trained teachers and emerging storytellers of all ages from 7 to 70. Before becoming a professional storyteller, she was a secondary school teacher. She likes to nurture the yearning for learning that she sees in all her students.
About Karen Lee
Karen is a storyteller and trainer with 20 years of teaching experience in the education field. She has been telling stories to people of all ages, from all walks of life, sharing with them hope, courage and a chance to understand the self and others. She has trained preschool teachers and volunteers who tell stories in their communities. She enjoys bringing to her audience the joy that can be gained from storytelling.
Cancellation of Workshop, Withdrawals & Substitution
The workshop can be cancelled or postponed two weeks before the workshop date if the minimum number of participants is not met. Participants will be fully refunded for workshops cancelled by us.
Participants who are unable to attend a workshop they have registered for are to inform us of the reason two weeks before the workshop date. They will be fully refunded in the event of extenuating and mitigating circumstances ( E.g. illness, bereavement, accidents) .
Those who inform us later than two weeks before the workshop date will receive a 50 % refund. Participants can also opt to attend another course at the same value within the same year.
Upon registration, you are deemed to have read and understood the cancellation, withdrawal and substitution policy and accept the terms contained therein.
- Kinokuniya Privilege card members can enjoy a 10% discount on all our courses.
- ALAP’S BRING A FRIEND DISCOUNT: Enjoy a 10% discount on each ticket when you sign-up for two tickets in one purchase
- ALAP’s THREE N MORE DISCOUNT: Form a group of three and more and enjoy a 15% discount on each ticket in one purchase
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code to enter as the promotional code during the online registration
For enquiries, please contact ALAP staff:
Prema: 6848 8297
Judi: 6848 8295