This fall, Actvocado will be collaborating with NUS OSA and Care Positioning System to bring you an exclusive, ABSOLUTELY FREE workshop - the highly anticipated NUS Service Learning Hackathon - CPS Workshops (A Series Workshops Pilot)!
- Are you planning to go for an Overseas Service Learning trip this December?
- Have you ever wondered if your project really does more good than harm?
- Have you ever questioned your project’s social impact and/or sustainability?
- Have you ever wondered what happens to your beneficiaries after you complete your projects?
- Are you interested in learning from veteran volunteers & NGO professionals on how to improve the sustainability of your project’s social impact?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the above questions, we welcome you to join us for a one-day workshop conducted by veteran volunteers & NGO professionals from Care Positioning System(CPS)., a social enterprise that aims to maximize the social impact of volunteer projects!
What is this workshop about?
Through this hands-on workshop, we will:
- Introduce common pitfalls of Overseas Service Learning projects from Singapore.
- Demonstrate ways to measure, evaluate and improve the social impact of Overseas Service Learning Projects.
- Analyze how other Overseas Service Learning projects and international NGOs incorporate best practices to improve their social impact.
- Build a customised plan for your project to take actionable steps to improve the sustainability of your social impact
Who should attend this workshop?
- Project Directors & Project Members of upcoming OSLPs Overseas Service Learning Projects
- Have completed or are going for their recce trips
- Have completed >50% of the planning and preparations for the project
What can participants gain from attending the workshop?
- A coherent understanding of how social impact can be achieved, improved and sustained through OCIPs.
- Utilise an Impact Assessment & Enhancement toolkit to build a ready-to-use Action Plan.
- The rare chance to hear first-hand from experienced practitioners.
- Sharing of insights and best practices with other OCIP groups.
TL;DR - maximise your OCIP social impact in one day!
About the Facilitators
This workshop will be conducted by a team of facilitators from Care Positioning System who collectively:
- Have over 20 years’ experience working with international NGOs & development agencies including the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development (UKAID),Volunteer for India, Plan International and Save the Children and Stanford University Asian Liver Center
- Have led / participated in over a dozen Overseas Volunteering Projects to Cambodia, China, Fiji Islands, India, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Thailand, Vietnam
About Care Positioning System
CPS aims to #DoGoodBetter via volunteer matching, social needs analysis, social impact tracking, CSR consultancy, education & training, and community tourism in Southeast Asia.
CPS promotes sustainable volunteerism, community involvement and social impact work, both online and offline. On the online platform, we maintain a knowledge database to match, track, and assist with the sustaining of volunteering and social impact projects. On the ground, we organize community events and workshops to, bringing diverse stakeholders together to share insights and best practices.
Date: 1st Oct 2016, Saturday
Time: 9.30am - 4.30pm
Venue: Yusof Ishak House Paris Room
Cost: Absolutely, 100% FREE! Lunch is provided <3
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
You can drop us an email at email@example.com, or FB message us at facebook.com/actvocado! :-)
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, you can flash your e-ticket at the door.
I'm an OCIP/OSLP PD, and I want to attend this workshop with my members! Can I sign up on their behalf?
We recommend that every participant sign up individually (so it's easier for us to track our tickets). But you can totally sign up for them - just remember to indicate the number of tickets you want!
I won't be able to make it for this workshop. Do you have any more coming up? How can I get involved?
Give us a follow at facebook.com/actvocado! We're working on exciting new materials just for OCIP/OSLP PDs! :-)