Across the world, educators and learners today have access to rich multi-media content and content creation tools, ‘expert communities’, freely available social and collaborative platforms. This interactive session will highlight a range of creative and engaging online tools, communities and services which provide opportunities to develop teachers’ and pupils’ digital literacy skills. It will address critical thinking skills; effective collaboration, participation and online communication. It will explore how primary and secondary schools as well as other organisations working with children and youths can develop a culture of digital citizenship and wellbeing which embraces positive values and behaviours. Teachers and professionals working with youths will have the opportunity to reflect on newer pedagogies enabled by digital to enhance learning and teaching across the curriculum.
The workshop includes a bespoke online resource site.
By attending this programme, participants will be able to:
- Develop creative and engaging use of online technologies to support pupil digital literacy across the curriculum
- Develop practical strategies to develop pupil-led initiatives to become effective and responsible digital citizens
- Use online tools, resources and communities to support staff professional development
- Implement strategies to support parental engagement in the development of their children’s digital literacy
- Easily use live-blogging techniques in your classroom
- Develop an action plan for a whole-school approach to digital citizenship and wellbeing
- Gain access to an online site as a resource base to support the training
About the trainer: Dr Sangeet Bhullar
Dr Sangeet Bhullar is the founder of WISE KIDS, a UK non-profit company promoting innovative, positive and safe internet use. WISE KIDS delivers innovative training programmes, research, consultancy and resource development in the areas of Digital Literacy, Digital Citizenship, Digital Participation and Cyber Wellness. Sangeet has worked with the MOE in Singapore recently - delivering a ‘Short Course - Digital Leader in Education Programme’ for ETOs and reviewing the MOE Cyber Wellness Curriculum.
• Kinokuniya Privilege card members can enjoy a 10% discount on all our courses.
• ALAP’S BRING A FRIEND DISCOUNT: Enjoy a 10% discount on each ticket when you sign-up for two tickets in one purchase
• ALAP’s THREE N MORE DISCOUNT: Form a group of three and more and enjoy a 15% discount on each ticket in one purchase
Please e-mail email@example.com for the discount code to enter as the promotional code during the online registration
Visit http://alap.bookcouncil.sg/courses/grants for more details.
Cancellation of Workshop, Withdrawals & Substitution
The workshop can be cancelled or postponed two weeks before the workshop date if the minimum number of participants is not met. Participants will be fully refunded for workshops cancelled by us.
Participants who are unable to attend a workshop they have registered for are to inform us of the reason two weeks before the workshop date. They will be fully refunded in the event of extenuating and mitigating circumstances ( E.g. illness, bereavement, accidents) .
Those who inform us later than two weeks before the workshop date will receive a 50 % refund. Participants can also opt to attend another course at the same value within the same year.
Upon registration, you are deemed to have read and understood the cancellation, withdrawal and substitution policy and accept the terms contained therein.
For enquiries, please contact ALAP staff:
Judi: 6848 8295