PyKids Level 1
Schedule: Mon 21 Nov - Fri 25 Nov, 2pm-5pm
Ages: 10 - 15
Requirements: PyKids is for kids who have some elementary programming background like Scratch
Python is a powerful, expressive programming language that’s easy to learn and fun to use. Python’s gentle learning curve, powerful capabilities and extensive library make it the language of choice for kids to learn syntax-based programming. Google, Instagram and YouTube are some well-known sites built with Python.
- Get exposed to text-based programming
- Learn how to write and execute Python code
- Understand how variables, loops, functions and modules work in Python
The course is designed to reinforce basic programming constructs as the course progresses. PyKids focuses on Data Structures, Object Oriented concepts, and simple Design Patterns. The main objective of this course is to introduce basic programming syntax and concepts to kids in an easy to understand format. Students will learn to differentiate between a programme’s source code and the results of code execution.
Students will learn the following:
- Why Data Structures are important in programming?
- What does Objected Oriented mean?
- How do you create a game in Python?
- This workshop will proceed with a minimum of 4 students. We will inform you in advance if the workshop is cancelled. Refunds will be made accordingly.
- We will be filming and taking photographs of the children in our workshop. By registering a child's attendance at this workshop, parents/guardians grant Saturday Kids a perpetual licence to use the student's work, photographs or videos of the student, and other materials for purposes such as publicising or promoting our workshops/events and the students’ accomplishments on Saturday Kids' website or on our partners' websites.
When & Where
Kids will invent the future. What if they start now?
At Saturday Kids, students don't just learn to code. They code to learn.
Kids today live, learn and play in a digital world, so it's never been more important for kids to learn digital literacy.
However, we also recognise that technology is ever changing, what's relevant today might not be so tomorrow. It's nigh impossible to teach a kid everything there is to know...
But what we can do is bring out the curiosity in kids.
With our design-based approach emphasising creation, we create an environment where there is no right answer, kids are free to explore, can put theory into practice and develop the mindset of "I can figure this out myself" instead of being spoonfed the answers.
Saturday kids learn how to learn.
If you're a firm believer that what kids learn on Saturdays is just as important as what they learn in school Monday to Friday, let's chat!
Can't find a class below that suits you? Email us at email@example.com
Stay informed of upcoming Saturday Kids workshops, new courses and events... sign up here