Actions and Detail Panel
Singapore AUV Challenge 2017
Fri, 10 Mar 2017, 9:00 AM – Mon, 13 Mar 2017, 5:00 PM SGT
The Singapore AUV challenge (SAUVC) aims to provide students an opportunity to experience the challenges of AUV system engineering and develop skills in the associated technologies. The focus is on autonomous operations in a swimming pool format, rather than remote control in a small tank, and it is aimed at University and Polytechnic students.
The event schedule is as follows (10 am onwards, everyday):
- 10 March, 2017: Team registration, briefings, vehicle testing
- 11 March, 2017: Qualification rounds, vehicle testing in pool
- 12 March, 2017: Competition
- 13 March, 2017: Workshop, Team presentation, Prize ceremony
For the workshop, apart from team presentations, we have the following talks by experts in the AUV community:
- What is Autonomy and when does it become Artificial Intelligence by Bill Kirkwood, MBARI
- Cooperative and not-so-cooperative marine robots by Nikola Miskovic, University of Zagreb
- Autonomous Underwater Vehicles Applications in Marine Imaging by Stefan Williams, ACFR, Sydney
The event is free & open to all geeks and their friends!!