SMC Training: Undertake Incident Management Process (1 Day) Run 23
Friday, December 2, 2016 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (SGT)
Date: 2nd December 2016, Friday
Time: 9.00am to 5.00pm
Duration: 1 Day
Training Fees: S$440 per pax for A-CERTS Members / S$530 per pax for non-members
This course is awarded by SCDF for 5 CPD points & 7 SDU points.
Site Main Controller (SMC) is the senior member of the company’s management and will be the overall person-in-charge of emergency response operations in the company during an emergency. SMC will also deal with the government agencies during the event. In order to do that, SMC needs the skills to conduct Incident Management. These sets of skills can consist of appreciation of situation, emergency scene management, developing Contingency Planning (CP) for High Risk Installations, understanding the SCDF Incident Management System and managing information management during emergencies.
This comprehensive training will equip the participants the foundational knowledge and skills to handle the major responsibilities of a SMC, in the event of an emergency. The training is based on the principles of Incident Management relative to emergency preparedness and adapted to the Singapore context. All participants will have in-depth training on incident management and practical practice through scenarios based exercises.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for new personnel such as Site Main Controller (SMC) or new Crisis Management Team (CMT) member or Emergency Management Team (EMT) member.
Applicable Skills & Knowledge After Course Completion:
- Understand incident management and its application at the various levels of incident
- Ensure the basic setup for performing the role of SMC is in place and the support systems needed to perform the job are addressed
- Describe the key characteristics of the SMC and develop strategies for adopting these characteristics
- Identify the various phases of emergency management and what is required of SMC in each of these phases
- Determine the necessary resource requirements and documentations
- Create greater awareness of Incident Site Management and Control
Course Outline Included:
- Understand emergency response principles and processes
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of EMT, SMC & CERT
- Functional approach to incident management
- Appropriate tactics for emergency operations
- Incident management planning, preparation and response
- Tabletop exercises
What Will You Get Upon Completion?
A Certificate of Attendance issued by A-CERTS
Do You Need Any Pre-requisite(s) to Attend This?
Preferably have some experience in the CERT
How much is the training fees?
S$440 per pax (all inclusive) for members of A-CERTS and S$530 per pax for non-members. You can write to A-CERTS at email@example.com for more details.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
The directional details will be sent to participants upon registration of this training.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
You can contact the administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is my registration transferrable?
Your registration can be transferred but you will have to inform the A-CERTS Administrator at email@example.com at least 10 working days in advance.
How do I pay for the training?
Upon registration, the A-CERTS Administrator will advise you on the payment details. Please note that event confirmation is only confirmed with full payment.
What is the refund policy?
A-CERTS does not refund but you are allowed to transfer your seats. Please give notice of at least 10 working days.
The name on the registration doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
As Certificate will be issued upon completion of this training, please ensure that your details are correct.
A-CERTS Terms and Conditions
- I hereby wish to participate in the above programme and certify that the information provided is correct. I will not hold the organizer responsbile for any mishap occur during my participation.
- All decisions made by the organizer shall be final.
- I hereby grant the organizer a royalty-free right to use photos and information in media press and materials and marketing materials connected to the event.
- Participant's data is collected to be submitted to the governing bodies and related agencies for accreditation of CPD points, SDU points and generation of certificates.
- Please note that event confirmation is only confirmed with full payment.
- Registration is on First-Come-First-Served basis. We regret to inform that reservation of seats will not be entertained.
- Email confirmation generated by Eventbrite will be official.